By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US february monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

I'm not convinced there is enough interest in the new 3DS to put it above PS4 this month, especially since The Order should provide a nice boost on the week that it launches

Around the Network

PS4 #9
X1 #20

The Order up to #58

celador said:
I'm not convinced there is enough interest in the new 3DS to put it above PS4 this month, especially since The Order should provide a nice boost on the week that it launches

if the new 3DS does poorly is the handheld market in the US pretty much fucked? 

Anyway VGchartz has updated the HW numbers for first 2 weeks of January. PS4 now has a narrow lead for the month. I wonder if that narrow lead will be correct wide of the mark on either side. 

Kerotan said:
celador said:

Not fucked.  It just means that people don't see a good enough reason to upgrade.  We won't know how bad the dedicated gaming handheld market is in the West until the next generation of Nintendo handheld launches in a couple of years time.

celador said:
Kerotan said:

Not fucked.  It just means that people don't see a good enough reason to upgrade.  We won't know how bad the dedicated gaming handheld market is in the West until the next generation of Nintendo handheld launches in a couple of years time.

well that's true but if this doesn't re-kindle the flame then this gen is going to peter out pretty badly for handhelds. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
celador said:

well that's true but if this doesn't re-kindle the flame then this gen is going to peter out pretty badly for handhelds. 

Yeah, 3DS is going to limp to 75 million at best, which would be a 50% drop from last gen.  And that is without a meaningful competitor.  230 million last gen to maybe 90 million this gen overall is a drastic drop, and kind of sad really.

celador said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah, 3DS is going to limp to 75 million at best, which would be a 50% drop from last gen.  And that is without a meaningful competitor.  230 million last gen to maybe 90 million this gen overall is a drastic drop, and kind of sad really.

it is sad indeed. if the market continues to decline at this rate nintendo will be hit very hard woth the next handheld unless it is drastically different. 

The Order at 55#. hoped it would be a bit higher now after seeing it this morning. oh well, we are still 17 days away from launch, if it stays at this pace i think it can do good sales wise.

bananaking21 said:
The Order at 55#. hoped it would be a bit higher now after seeing it this morning. oh well, we are still 17 days away from launch, if it stays at this pace i think it can do good sales wise.

It was at #13 on Amazon UK bestsellers earlier, so hopefully EU numbers will be good if the NA numbers are lacking

celador said:
bananaking21 said:

It was at #13 on Amazon UK bestsellers earlier, so hopefully EU numbers will be good if the NA numbers are lacking

if it keeps performing like this i think it can sell decent in the states.