By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGSV: The Phantom Pain on Xbox Systems Doesn't Make Sense

Does it?

No 148 44.58%

Yes 131 39.46%

I'm not sure 29 8.73%

Results 24 7.23%

Total:332

Analyzing the performance of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes by platform, we find some very interesting figures. According to VGChartz, the figures (WW) are the following:

PS4: 1.08
PS3: 0.54
XOne: 0.22
360: 0.12

The PS3 version alone outsold the XOne + 360's version combined. That's crazy if you ask me! The numbers are so low on the Xbox consoles that it makes me wonder if it does make sense releasing The Phantom Pain on them. I mean, Konami could get a better profit from partnering with Sony to promote the game, funding part of the development of the game, etc.

What do you think, guys? Would it be better if the game was exclusive to PlayStation systems? Or is it better to keep it multiplat?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

How is more sales a bad thing?

Well I'm sure Konami appreciates the extra 300k sales they got from Xbox platforms. Not like this is the first time MGS has been on Xbox.

Well, since MGS has been on playstation systems for so long, I think it kinda makes sense why there are so many more MGS fan on PS platform and yes, MGS has been on other platforms but imo, it always felt like a PS thing!

But, at the sametime, GZ was rather a bit of a hard sell for most people unless you are a die hard MGS fan so I think its still a wise decision to make it multiplat. Now if MGS V PP comes out and sells like ass, then one can argue that yea, it may have not made too much of a difference either way

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

all im going to say is that MGS going multiplat was very surprising to me, afterall i always saw MGS as one of the MOST iconic franchises of Playstation (even more than Uncharted to be honest).

Around the Network

How selling more copy of the game is a bad thing in any way?
And for Xbox gamers is was also nice to be able to play MGS. I'm a big fan of the serie and I'm glad I can play it on my platform of choice.

I personally did not buy it until it was on sale during the Holidays.
I picked it up for around $6.50 on Xbox1. As much as I wanted to play it earlier, I could not justify $30 for a demo. It should have been $10-$12 from the beginning.

As long as the profit from the sales surpasses the cost of importing it to the console I see no reason why they should stop realeasing it there.

In this day an age third party exclusives (as long as not funded by a console manufacturer) are a terrible idea, games are just way too expensie to make, so they need to reach as much audience as possible, just look at TPP, the production values are insane, to say that it wasn't cheap to make in an understatement.

I mean come on, they even released a payed demo of the game and is a crossgen title.

If anything MGS staying PlayStation exclusive makes no sense.

I'm sure the Xbox versions will sell millions when Phantom Pain releases, although the series never did well on Xbox