By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGSV: The Phantom Pain on Xbox Systems Doesn't Make Sense

Does it?

No 148 44.58%

Yes 131 39.46%

I'm not sure 29 8.73%

Results 24 7.23%

Total:332

It's not like it really costs them anything to port the game to what it's basically a twin to the PS4, any extra sales are appreciated if the company's got nothing to lose by trying. Same case goes to FFXV and KH3.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

The Metal Gear series is all over the place when it comes to what it releases on. Some games are PS exclusive, some are multiplat, some are ported to Nintendo consoles, one was even exclusive to the GameBoy Color.

I think it's just best to let the chips fall where they may. No harm, no foul.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Depends on the cost of the port really.

shikamaru317 said:

Maybe Ground Zeroes low sales on Xbox One are because Xbox fans are less loyal to Konami than PS fans, and therefore less likely to buy what was basically an overpriced demo? I rented Ground Zeroes on XB1 and I'm glad I rented it, if I had paid $40 for about 6 hours of gameplay I would have had serious buyer's remorse. Also, I think it's worth noting that Konami didn't try to optimize Ground Zeroes for XB1 at all, it was 720p compared to 1080p on PS4, one of only a small few games that have that big of a difference between the two platforms, that probably scared off a good many XB1 owners who would have bought it otherwise.

I get the feeling that Phantom Pain on Xbox One will sell much better than Ground Zeroes did, since it has 100+ hours of content for $60, that's a much better value than Ground Zeroes, plus hopefully they won't be lazy with their optimization this time and will at least aim for 900p on XB1 (numerous SDK's have released since Ground Zeroes, plus the Kinect resources have been freed up since then, so they have no excuses this time). It's basically free sales for Konami, so why wouldn't they release it on Xbox One?

Please this is pure elitism. Its like when nintendo gamers say that they don't buy Third party games cause it is inferior to nintendo software.

The reason why MGS didn't sell well on Xone is pretty simple:  The fanbase is not there.

The same thing will happen will Phantom pain,kingdom hearts and final fantasy...

Specially cause Xone is flopping hard in japan.

no, because Konami probably already get some cash from M$... 

Around the Network

Because Konami sucks and most xbox fans knew that lol.

User has been warned for this post.

- Shinobi-san

Skullwaker said:
The Metal Gear series is all over the place when it comes to what it releases on. Some games are PS exclusive, some are multiplat, some are ported to Nintendo consoles, one was even exclusive to the GameBoy Color.

They are not all over the place if you game on playstation.  We've been covered beautifully by kojima Over the years.

Kerotan said:
Skullwaker said:

They are not all over the place if you game on playstation.  We've been covered beautifully by kojima Over the years.

I'm just saying that it's not bizarre that MGSV is on Xbox, as many games in the series have seen releases on consoles in addition to PlayStation. It's also not wrong for it to be on other consoles.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Kerotan said:

I'm just saying that it's not bizarre that MGSV is on Xbox, as many games in the series have seen releases on consoles in addition to PlayStation. It's also not wrong for it to be on other consoles.

You are right.  Apart from mgs4 it's normal for another platform to get it. The only constant has been the playstation consoles.

KyleeStrutt said:
How is more sales a bad thing?

If the sales are thin, it may be (a bad thing). I mean, if any sales were okay for multiplat games, then every cross gen title should be ported to Wii U.

My point is that these numbers are so thin that the game could benefit more from being exclusive to where it's fanbase is at. Cause the game would be more hyped and would also receive inve$tments from the console maker; Sony.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won