By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is going to win the January NPD? NPD's TODAY!!!

Which console is going to win the January NPD

XB1 112 21.62%

PS4 406 78.38%

Total:518
Burek said:

I don't really know. I guess because most people here use Amazon as the first and foremost authority for online sales, with numerous threads dedicated to its rankings.

I do believe that retail sales still outnumber online sales by a large margin, and it seems to me that XOne somehow has a much bigger support from retail-shopping Americans. Also, from what I read online (as I'm not in the US) general public retail stores tend to have much better deals on consoles.

Again, online evidence definitely supports PS4 victory, but I choose to think that retail side will squeeze out a narrow XOne win.

"Numerous threads"??

Anyways, hope you realize that online tracking also showed the XB1 winning on the two months that the XB1 did actually win. While all year they were showing the PS4 winning. Basically, whoever they have indicated wins, has won. they are 12-0 till date.

But somehow you feel that all of a sudden this trend will just suddenly change? 

What I find most puzzling though, is how when amazon and other retail sites were showing the XB1 winning everyone including the PS4 fans accepted the outcomes, then the major debate was just how much the XB1 would outsell the PS4. But now I'm yet to see a single XB1 fan actually concede that the XB1 would lose. All of a sudden the amazon crystal ball is bogus   

Around the Network

Why is there no Wii U option in the poll? :P

platformmaster918 said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015/videogames
yeah gonna let you guys decide for yourselves

Do you know not only Amazon sells console in usa ? 

Intrinsic said:
Burek said:

I don't really know. I guess because most people here use Amazon as the first and foremost authority for online sales, with numerous threads dedicated to its rankings.

I do believe that retail sales still outnumber online sales by a large margin, and it seems to me that XOne somehow has a much bigger support from retail-shopping Americans. Also, from what I read online (as I'm not in the US) general public retail stores tend to have much better deals on consoles.

Again, online evidence definitely supports PS4 victory, but I choose to think that retail side will squeeze out a narrow XOne win.

"Numerous threads"??

Anyways, hope you realize that online tracking also showed the XB1 winning on the two months that the XB1 did actually win. While all year they were showing the PS4 winning. Basically, whoever they have indicated wins, has won. they are 12-0 till date.

But somehow you feel that all of a sudden this trend will just suddenly change? 

What I find most puzzling though, is how when amazon and other retail sites were showing the XB1 winning everyone including the PS4 fans accepted the outcomes, then the major debate was just how much the XB1 would outsell the PS4. But now I'm yet to see a single XB1 fan actually concede that the XB1 would lose. All of a sudden the amazon crystal ball is bogus   

So, you believe that Amazon will end up 84-0 this generation? That it is absolutely impossible for the chart to be wrong one single month? 

Well, you might be correct, and Amazon might prove to be just that by 2020, but I still think that there can exist a possibility in which it might be off in a single month. So, why not this month?

Either way, whoever wins or loses impacts me in no way at all. So, I will stand by my prediction, as that is all it is - a prediction! Based on the reasoning I already offered.

most likely PS4. so i am gonna go with PS4. but not by a lot.

Around the Network

PS4 with ease.

Burek said:

So, you believe that Amazon will end up 84-0 this generation? That it is absolutely impossible for the chart to be wrong one single month? 

Well, you might be correct, and Amazon might prove to be just that by 2020, but I still think that there can exist a possibility in which it might be off in a single month. So, why not this month?

Either way, whoever wins or loses impacts me in no way at all. So, I will stand by my prediction, as that is all it is - a prediction! Based on the reasoning I already offered.

Don't put words in my mouth (post). I never said amazon will never be wrong. I just feel its easy to determine where the chips will fall using Amazon tracking in combination with other sites, amazon is just one retailer after all. So its extremely possible that amazon could show the PS4 winning but the PS4 still end up losing the month.

But this isn't just about who Amazon has in front, its two things. one; amazon had the XB1 in front since November until the start of January. Then it showed the PS4 clawimg back until it ultimately came in front. Now it has a sizeable gap over the XB1. Two; majority of all the other retail sites show the same trend, with the PS4 being ahead. Everyone can't be wrong.

If only Amazon showed the PS4 ahead and every other site showed the XB1 ahead, then it would be stupid for anyone to think the PS4 will still somehow win. But that wasn't the case with all of January. I also think its very telling that MS quickly reintroduced their "promotion" in under a week after the price went back up. Sales of the XB1 must have tanked hard, that's the only reason they would drop the price back down so quickly. 

Not saying you are not entitled to your predictions, just discussing, and hoping that in faulting your reasoning we may end up seeing holes in mine :) 

tiffac said:
Kerotan said:

that doesn't answer the question

I already voted though... D:

For who and why?

No Ouya option? *shakes head*

PS4 because logic.