By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - AmazoNATION thread - US monthly bestsellers - February 2015 (Warm up).

Monthly threads gets my modling vote

Around the Network

So, what if Amazon gets a 100% record with NPD for the whole of 2015? It'll pretty much seal the deal in terms of how VGC will need to estimate US numbers because if VGC is out of what with Amazon it means they will be out of whack with NPD. That means VGC will have enough information pre-NPD to make adjustments.

We are told that VGC bases estimates not just on the small amount of sales data it gets, they also use other sales trending information. If the Amazon monthly and weekly best seller lists (for hardware at least) become a very reliable trend indicator then VGC would be remiss not to take account of this freely available information. It can never help with actual numbers, but it would be useful as a "do the numbers look right" test.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Carl2291 said:

Carl, could you run that to moding team to see if they preffer a thread a month or a megaconvo? Thanks

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nation threads tend to become... messy. I'd rather we just create a new one every month.

My two cents.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Nation threads tend to become... messy. I'd rather we just create a new one every month.

My two cents.

I quite don't have the discipline to keep all the posts on the PS Nation read... I'm like 4 months late on there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
binary solo said:
So, what if Amazon gets a 100% record with NPD for the whole of 2015? It'll pretty much seal the deal in terms of how VGC will need to estimate US numbers because if VGC is out of what with Amazon it means they will be out of whack with NPD. That ,eams VGC will have enough information pre-NPD to make adjustments.

We are told that VGC bases estimates not just on the small amount of sales data it gets, they also use other sales trending information. If the Amazon monthly and weekly best seller lists (for hardware at least) become a very reliable trend indicator then VGC would be remiss not to take account of this freely available information. It can never help with actual numbers, but it would be useful as a "do the numbers look right" test.

Yeah ioi should start using Amazon as one of his parameters of prediction(at least on USA). I can bet people here will have predictions way more accurate than ioi's this month thanks to amazon.

Carl2291 said:

then i call dibs on the march thread. i need to get to 100k points somehow. 

I think a new thread for each month is better

bananaking21 said:
Carl2291 said:

You might want to start it now then lol

2008ProchargedGT said:
bananaking21 said:

You might want to start it now then lol

probably already taken with how many point hungry greedy bitches we got on this site. ill probably get the march thread.... of 2016!