By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - AmazoNATION thread - US monthly bestsellers - February 2015 (Warm up).

bananaking21 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

You might want to start it now then lol

probably already taken with how many point hungry greedy bitches we got on this site. ill probably get the march thread.... of 2016!

Uhnnnn should bookmark all them for myself muhahahahaha

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

monthly thread

should be started with a minimum of being in the month as well as having a link to the hourly

Play Me

At least this month Amazon and NPD match up timing wise as the NPD tracking starts on February 1

Monthly threads will be much better. A lot cleaner than turning it into a mega thread. Also, a bit early, no?

tag

Around the Network

PS4: 8
XBO: 18

An interesting quote from johnny956 from GAF (he is Bish-checked, btw).

"[Microsoft] overshipped to hit whatever number they were shooting for. AC unity bundle is discontinued in our system but they'll be there for a while. Most stores have over a month of stock while some districts have over 3 months of supply that's not including what's sitting in the DC. This could change with promotions and such but current sales show it at that."

Aura7541 said:

An interesting quote from johnny956 from GAF (he is Bish-checked, btw).

"[Microsoft] overshipped to hit whatever number they were shooting for. AC unity bundle is discontinued in our system but they'll be there for a while. Most stores have over a month of stock while some districts have over 3 months of supply that's not including what's sitting in the DC. This could change with promotions and such but current sales show it at that."

So it seems that the neogaf theory about Xone been at ~10 million is right.MS overshipped thanks to holyday season's hype and to make a smoke screen to the investors but the true is the channels are stuff.If that is true,then,next quarter will be even lower the the Xbox family.

OttoniBastos said:

So it seems that the neogaf theory about Xone been at ~10 million is right.MS overshipped thanks to holyday season's hype and to make a smoke screen to the investors but the true is the channels are stuff.If that is true,then,next quarter will be even lower the the Xbox family.

Yep. 3+ months of supply is way too much. This probably explains why the price went back down to $349. Here's Abdiel's assessment from his stores and districts: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149947352&postcount=74

"I guess I'll be the first of us "BishChecked" to leave a comment, eh?

As soon as the price drop ended for the XB1, it was like someone pulled the emergency brake, people were coming in with the impression the price was still lower, and were leaving annoyed, rather than pay the difference, and the momentum tanked really, really fast. Once the price dropped again, well, it certainly picked up more speed again, but it isn't really selling on the same level as it was prior. That gap in time really didn't help them. I'm not saying that people went out and bought a PS4 instead, but some people just elected to simply not buy at all. We'll see if those customers return sooner or later.

PS4 seems to have smoothly transitioned, and the Last of Us bonus aspect to the bundle doesn't really seem to have made the system sell all that much 'faster'... it is nice though, that customers know they're getting something in the box even as part of the standard purchase, seems to sway some potential haggler types. PS4 won January handily for all the stores/districts I checked. Not really sure on exactly how big of a gap handily will turn out to be on the final numbers, but it was not a close game for us, at least."

So basically, X1 sales fell off a cliff after the price cut ended. However, so many stores have so much X1's in stock and they need to get rid of the excess supply. Problem is that even though the price cut was implemented again, the system is not selling as fast. Many stores still have a lot of X1's on shelves. Meanwhile, PS4 stock has been normal (about 3 weeks of supply according to johnny956).

Well, if people want to have their turn at a 1000 post Amazon thread then there should be a formal roster, administered by a Mod. As long as you get the thread started on the 1st or 2nd day of the month, when its your turn, then you get to have the official thread for the month and any other thread is locked. That way no one will pull the trigger for the next month before this month is only just half over. If you miss the first couple of days of the month then it goes to the next person on the list. No queue jumping or you get banned for a couple of days.

Anyhoo, Feb starting like Jan finished with PS4 in the top 10 and Xb one hovering around the 20/high teens mark.

How much longer is the ACU bundle going to hang around as the primary Xb one sku? Seems like it might be outstaying its welcome. It might be better for MS to put the standard sku on the market and offer a range of informal (but MS backed) bundles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix