By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - AmazoNATION thread - US monthly bestsellers - February 2015 (Warm up).

Aura7541 said:

An interesting quote from johnny956 from GAF (he is Bish-checked, btw).

"[Microsoft] overshipped to hit whatever number they were shooting for. AC unity bundle is discontinued in our system but they'll be there for a while. Most stores have over a month of stock while some districts have over 3 months of supply that's not including what's sitting in the DC. This could change with promotions and such but current sales show it at that."

3 months of supply, aye? If we translat that globally, at an average global weekly sales level of 70K per week over the next 3 months that's only 840K in the retail channel. If MS has shipped 11.9 million then that suggests sell through of as much as 11 million.

I presume "the DC" means the distribution channel, not Washington DC . Does anyone have a clue whether the DC this person is talking about is included in MS's shipment figures or whether that's additional to official shipments. And if it's in the official shipments, what proportion of shipments will be in the DC vs. delivered to retailers?

I don't think it's really possible to draw any conclusion other than that the sell through as at 3 Jan is likely to be under 11 million.  What are the known, or reasonably deducible, facts that are leading some Gafers to conclude sell through closer to 10 million as at 3 Jan?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

I presume "the DC" means the distribution channel, not Washington DC .

LOL, it would be hilarious if he actually meant DC as Washington, DC

PS3 outselling WiiU.
I'm wondering if PS3 will win jan NPD.

binary solo said:
Well, if people want to have their turn at a 1000 post Amazon thread then there should be a formal roster, administered by a Mod. As long as you get the thread started on the 1st or 2nd day of the month, when its your turn, then you get to have the official thread for the month and any other thread is locked. That way no one will pull the trigger for the next month before this month is only just half over. If you miss the first couple of days of the month then it goes to the next person on the list. No queue jumping or you get banned for a couple of days.

Anyhoo, Feb starting like Jan finished with PS4 in the top 10 and Xb one hovering around the 20/high teens mark.

How much longer is the ACU bundle going to hang around as the primary Xb one sku? Seems like it might be outstaying its welcome. It might be better for MS to put the standard sku on the market and offer a range of informal (but MS backed) bundles.

I think thats a great Idea. Mods make sure banana king is number one tho lol hes been chomping at the bit. 

OT should be an interesting month with Evolve and the Order.

After discussing this with Teeqoz and DonFerrari, we came to an agreement to allow Teeqoz to maintain these threads for now, to avoid additional confusion. If we have one person doing them then it makes it easier to follow, and it feels more "organic".

As such, please direct future discussion towards this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=197645&page=1#

Locking.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.