By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does next gen mean to you?

Next gen means..

graphics 31 32.63%

A.I 9 9.47%

Bigger world 10 10.53%

Game play mechanics 15 15.79%

boob physics! umm i mean physics! 9 9.47%

Other (comment) 21 22.11%

Total:95
Captain_Yuri said:
I am excited for the next gen jiggle physics as well as the art direction and the extensive world filled with things to do.

I made that option on the poll just for you xD

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:
Mikmster said:
Bigger better everything, but game play? it been the same thing for 3 decades.

im pretty sure 3 decades ago we didnt have 3d worlds(which obviously changed gameplay), so that makes your comment a little weird XD

its still a character being moved by actions of my thumb and pressing buttons.  2d 3d fps whatever no matter what it looks like on tv its still at the end of the day that same thing as decades past to me.

Mikmster said:
kinisking said:

im pretty sure 3 decades ago we didnt have 3d worlds(which obviously changed gameplay), so that makes your comment a little weird XD

its still a character being moved by actions of my thumb and pressing buttons.  2d 3d fps whatever no matter what it looks like on tv its still at the end of the day that same thing as decades past to me.

That doesnt mean the gameplay is the same! Thats like everything in real life is the same. It's still a character being moved by the actions of a body. 

kinisking said:
Mikmster said:

That doesnt mean the gameplay is the same! Thats like everything in real life is the same. It's still a character being moved by the actions of a body. 

Sure it it, its only your point of view that changes.  

I picked "Other". To me, a new console is a new disappointment. We have something that can do bigger and better things, but we get games like Borderlands that have really crappy graphics because they think it looks cool, and Final Fantasy XIII that has great graphics but no real storyline or replay value, etc. It isn't the console anymore, it's the developers. I've never been so disappointed with video games as I have been this last five years or so.

Edit: This is my 200th post. HAPPY ANNIPOSTARY!!

Around the Network
Mikmster said:
kinisking said:

congratulations, you are complaining about gaming as a media form not changing and remaining gaming by not eliminating the process of interactivity with the hardware through buttons, regardless of how that input effects the game its self or how its played. 

might as well criticize movies for being videos that we just watch, we were able to watch movies 3 decades ago normally. nothing has changed in that medium since then too, obviously. 

"Ugh. i could have spent this money on games"

It's all those things together. A leap so huge that it just leaves you stunned. Gears of war was my moment last gen. Metroid Prime the gen before. Haven't seen it yet this gen though.

melbye said:
"Ugh. i could have spent this money on games"

haha! Thats actually pretty funny. But at least next gen will start really opening up this year!

Locknuts said:
It's all those things together. A leap so huge that it just leaves you stunned. Gears of war was my moment last gen. Metroid Prime the gen before. Haven't seen it yet this gen though.

im holding hopes for witcher 3.