By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does next gen mean to you?

Next gen means..

graphics 31 32.63%

A.I 9 9.47%

Bigger world 10 10.53%

Game play mechanics 15 15.79%

boob physics! umm i mean physics! 9 9.47%

Other (comment) 21 22.11%

Total:95

Better graphics, bigger world, better AI.

Around the Network

Better graphics and/or bigger worlds depending on genre. Also faster and better UI and better controller.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

It's clear to me that the difference between this Ps4/xb1 and last gen is not nearly as perceptible as I hoped. I think nextgen with 4k will really make a huge difference. Add the obvious bigger worlds dynamic and Gen 2 of the VR headgear and it will hopefully be very significant.

It is near the end of the end....

The dictionary definition is:

pertaining to the next generation in a family; also, pertaining to the next stage of development or version of a product, service, or technology

So anything that is considered a successor basically. But what it's been used to describe the past few years is pretty much whatever you want it to mean.

Slightly better graphics. That's it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
kinisking said:
o_O.Q said:
new ips

Thats one i forgot! What was your favorite new ip of last gen

uncharted or infamous or saints row

To be completely honest the graphics are the main thing that I notice and appreciate. 6th gen was when 3D gameplay basically became unlimited, AI has been as stupid as it's been since the beginning of time, hardware features have hurt just as much as they've helped... Yeah, pretty much just the graphics.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Nothing. There is no real expansion above the prior. It's all just just smoke and mirrors. HYPE!

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

PixelPerfect said:
Bigger worlds, better graphics, and just things that were not possible on the previous generation of consoles.

As said by the console makers and devs that want your money...

bananaking21 said:
Mikmster said:
Bigger better everything, but game play? it been the same thing for 3 decades.

no, it hasnt. 

More or less. Couple changes here and there, but when the story adventure games left off, the fps picked up...