By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does next gen mean to you?

Next gen means..

graphics 31 32.63%

A.I 9 9.47%

Bigger world 10 10.53%

Game play mechanics 15 15.79%

boob physics! umm i mean physics! 9 9.47%

Other (comment) 21 22.11%

Total:95

Mostly, next-gen to me means "is able to do something the previous console/gen cannot".
The thing I find most next-gen about the current consoles is their ability to record video on the fly.
I remember playing PT and thinking, "hmm what was that weird message that flashed on the screen a minute ago"....and then I realized that ps4 had been recording it the whole time, so I saved the video and rewatched it and it said something like "garbled...mon nom" which means my name, in French.
I didn't believe that there was actually something to do with the mic, but I tried again, and it worked!

Another instance, I'm playing Evil Within, and I know it's clearly not next gen. Still a good game tho.
WiiU also feels really next gen to me. I love how it feels like you're looking into a window of the game world.

Around the Network

The generation that comes after the current one.

"next gen" is such a pathetic phrase. Yip it applied when we were playing on ps3/x360 and the ps4/xb1 was just around the corner. Now we are in the latest cycle there isn't any such thing as next gen in gaming.

Maybe in a few years - certainly not now.

New and interesting games, so gameplay is a top priority. Sadly innovation is lacking lately.

So 2nd choice is bigger games. Give me value for money relative to specs.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Next gen means whatever consoles arent currently out.

The moment it is out,  its current gen. 

Pretty straight forward really.