By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Xenoblade Chronicles X have a silent protagonist?

Tagged games:

BraveNewWorld said:
I hate it when characters, and sometimes entire games coughZeldacough, are silent. It's not a 'creative decision', it's laziness and cheapness.

I feel that a lot of voice acting ruins the characters. It all comes down to personal preference. It isn't "laziness" so much as not wanting to turn people off on a character (and potentially the entire game) because the voice acting is bad/annoying/etc.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Nope.

"– Some famous voices actors providing their voice as options for the avatar, will be announced on the Xenoblade homepage later."

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-world-size-battle-system-gamepad-usage-and-more/

Damn :/ Now i'm going to have to spend an hour customizing my character to sound as out of place with the voices as possible. Tis' a necessity.

Zekkyou said:
spemanig said:

Nope.

"– Some famous voices actors providing their voice as options for the avatar, will be announced on the Xenoblade homepage later."

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-world-size-battle-system-gamepad-usage-and-more/

Damn :/ Now i'm going to have to spend an hour customizing my character to sound as out of place with the voices as possible. Tis' a necessity.

That's a noble mission and I applaud you for taking it upon yourself!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Vodacixi said:

That could just be the things the character says during gameplay. You know, the techniques names, the sounds he makes while jumping...

I don't think the protagonist will actually talk during cutscenes. He will be silent.

They wouldn't invest in famous Japanese VAs just for battle cries.

BraveNewWorld said:
I hate it when characters, and sometimes entire games coughZeldacough, are silent. It's not a 'creative decision', it's laziness and cheapness.

Link, as a character, is silent.

As for the rest of the game, VA is long overdue.

Around the Network

almost certain yes... unless you want a tomodachi-esque voice :P

aikohualda said:
almost certain yes... unless you want a tomodachi-esque voice :P

For some very odd reason, I can see a Tomodachi voice fitting...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I really wouldn't be feeling it

[quote="spemanig"]They wouldn't invest in famous Japanese VAs just for battle cries.[/quote]

Watch the Treehouse gameplay. The character does not say anything. At all. It would be really weird if after an hour of discovering a new world with gigantic and fantastic creatures without saying a word... he suddenly talks. I don't think so.

And yes, in the gameplay they skip cutscenes where you could argue he could be talking. But if he doesn't even open his mouth when he sees that giant water dinosaur or that flying monsters... I doubt he does in the skipped cutscenes.

fucking hope so, hate these western games with the same constipated-sounding guy doing the voice for all the protagonists. wtf?