By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS4 Exclusive Teased by Square Enix; Reveal Coming on the 31st

I'm intrigued. The picture showed some crystal, and what looks to be inside a dungeon.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
theprof00 said:
vivster said:
It's a browser game exclusive to the PS4 browser.

It's a payment system for micro-transactions masquerading as a game wherein your character levels up as you purchase mobile content on your phone

The Z stands for zeni, which is the old-timey name for yen.

It is Z for a different reason - you can only buy stuff on Xperia Z phones and tablets. But only if you buy the SE Z app on the play store.

Judging by that picture, the PS4 exclusive is probably a new Mana game.. It's a shame that those games haven't been too great in recent years though. :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

theprof00 said:
vivster said:

It's a payment system for micro-transactions masquerading as a game wherein your character levels up as you purchase mobile content on your phone

Plot Twist: the Z stands for Zynga!

UncleAlfred said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
FF should be a PS4 exclusive imo. Maybe it's because that's how I grew up playing 3D FF but imo, it just feels weird on Xbox (which I have tried). The same goes for Metal Gear and KH.

The main FF titles should have stayed Sony exclusive; or at the very least exclusive to Nintendo.  Both companies being Japanese they would have aided SE's production costs to promote FF.  FF would be heard the world over like this.  I just can't imagine many people buying it on X1, especially after the insane drop off in sales from FFXIII to FFXIII-2 on the 360.  Sounds like that demographic really didn't like FFXIII.  It was about half and half for PS3 owners.

Yeah, I agree. The demograph on Xbone is going to be almost all pro US (Halo, Titanall, COD, Madden etc.) and that's not really good for Japanese publishers who are looking to increase profits. 

Around the Network

Square Enix basically announced Type-0 HD in a crappy photo so you really don't know with Square Enix, this could be a big/mid tier game.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

The first image let me think of the mana tree, would be cool to see a new one for the ps4

walsufnir said:
theprof00 said:
vivster said:

It is Z for a different reason - you can only buy stuff on Xperia Z phones and tablets. But only if you buy the SE Z app on the play store.

I can see the next S-E quarterly statement already

OttoniBastos said:
theprof00 said:
vivster said:

Plot Twist: the Z stands for Zynga!

BraLoD said:

Final Fantasy XIII-Z

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.