By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV screenshots! (Updated)

Looks really impressive!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Wow those complaints XD

Good thing Square doesn't listen to them or we'd get the same game every time.

tell me about it. i very much dislike square enix and not a fan at all of final fantasy. but these pics and the game so far looks stunning. 

CladInShadows said:
outlawauron said:
Samus Aran said:

Graphics look impressive, environments look bland. I'm not seeing much fantasy I'm afraid (more sci-fi ish if you ask me).

Why are fantasy and sci-fi mutually exclusive?

and lol at some of these comments.

It's like people forgot that FF7 and FF8 weren't exactly high fantasy either. In fact, FF15 gives off a similar feeling from those two.

Really, since the 5th generation of consoles, out of the 6 main series Final Fantasy games (not counting the MMOs), FF7, FF8, and FF13 have all had modern or sci fi elements dominating their look and feel. FF9 and FF12 have been pretty much pure fantasy.  FF10 is a bit in the middle.

Oh, and warmechs and time travel can be traced back to the very first Final Fantasy.

I thought FF12 had a nice balance of Sci-Fi elements and fantasy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
CladInShadows said:

It's like people forgot that FF7 and FF8 weren't exactly high fantasy either. In fact, FF15 gives off a similar feeling from those two.

Really, since the 5th generation of consoles, out of the 6 main series Final Fantasy games (not counting the MMOs), FF7, FF8, and FF13 have all had modern or sci fi elements dominating their look and feel. FF9 and FF12 have been pretty much pure fantasy.  FF10 is a bit in the middle.

Oh, and warmechs and time travel can be traced back to the very first Final Fantasy.

I thought FF12 had a nice balance of Sci-Fi elements and fantasy.

I guess there were bits in there.  Mostly the flying vehicles, I suppose.  But it was definitely one of the most high-fantasy-themed games in the series since the SNES days. Armored knights, medieval castles, dungeons,  the judges, treasure chests, etc. Most of the sci fi would have been related to the Empire. Anyways, I have nothing against sci-fi. I just felt that the fantastical outweighted the sci-fi greatly in FF12.

It also remains one of my favourite FF games to date.

CladInShadows said:

I guess there were bits in there.  Mostly the flying vehicles, I suppose.  But it was definitely one of the most high-fantasy-themed games in the series since the SNES days. Armored knights, medieval castles, dungeons,  the judges, treasure chests, etc. Most of the sci fi would have been related to the Empire. Anyways, I have nothing against sci-fi. I just felt that the fantastical outweighted the sci-fi greatly in FF12.

FF IX says hello...

Around the Network
Hynad said:
CladInShadows said:

FF IX says hello...

"one of"

See what I wrote up there?  Basically FFIX and FFXII are the two fantasy themed games since the 16 bit era. FFIX's over the top fantasy style doesn't make FF12 any less so.

BraLoD said:
I love that every FF15 thread do really well here.
Haters hating, lovers loving, and the hype just keep increasing.

This game gonna be big buddies.

I do wish ktay had the Noctis Blingee signature as it's a good response.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Has FF ever had really fantastical environments? I've only played two (X and VII) but no environment really stands out except maybe Macalania Woods.

All I know is that this is the first game I'll play for a week non-stop and will even get time off work just to play it. Never been so hyped for a game.

Sunstrider said:
Zekkyou said:

This is a world boss ^^ The highest number of people you can raid with is 24, but you can have up to 72 in PvP (which is so much fun for a crowd control class like Black Mage :p).

Dang! now I want to try this, really like raiding with a lot of people(that way people won't think I'm a hindrance if I keep dying lol), how is the community? are there a lot of players everyday?

If you like raiding with a lot of people then check this out.

at 7:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkdmbk_PH8

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5