By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV screenshots! (Updated)

Samus Aran said:
Boutros said:
This looks incredible. And I'm loving the settings so far. I'm tired of JRPGs with volcano worlds and other completely unrealistic environments. This feels very fresh for a JRPG.

You're tired of fantasy games being fantasy?

You do know why the game is called "Final Fantasy" in the first place, right? Not because the environment/set pieces/characters/themes/etc are in the "fantasy" genre, but because Squaresoft was a failing company, and the first game in the series (expected to be Squaresoft's last game) was the "final dream/fantasy/vision" of the company. That game ended up turning their fortunes around and made Squaresoft extremely popular.

"Final Fantasy" is not related to the gameplay and enviroments. It's related to Squaresoft's bank account. The name just stuck.

Around the Network

Looks amazing, the more I see the progress the less I mind that it didnt come out for PS3 as Versus XIII. Tho would've been nice if it stayed PS exclusive.

Sunstrider said:

Dang! now I want to try this, really like raiding with a lot of people(that way people won't think I'm a hindrance if I keep dying lol), how is the community? are there a lot of players everyday?

Yeah, it's a fun game :) Most of the dungeons and raids aren't as huge as the CT raids, PvP, and hunts but they're all fun (except Aurum Vale. Fuck that place). The community has been great in my experience, especially if you join a social/friendly Free Company (guild). How busy it is depends on your server, but the one i'm on, Odin, gets really busy during peak hours.

If you want to know anything about it just give me a shout ^^

ghost_of_fazz said:
Technically it's just ok, but I'm really digging the style. Looks clean and neat. Will get it day 1 on Steam.

maybe my PC can turn this on 1080p and more fps counts that the ones  ps4 or xbone  gamers are going to experience :)

and for Xenoblade X i have a WiiU... best of both worlds

34 years playing games.

Looks ok but the environments look rather bland and the draw/view distance will forever annoy me since seeing previous footage, I doubt that will change with the limitations the PS4 has, I would hope for a PC version (considering they are porting over previous games now means the exclusive war for FF is over) with bigger draw distance and a bit more AA though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

These screenshots are rekindling my excitement for this game (which was almost dead after years of waiting). I need to have a PS4 by the time this comes out... which sadly leaves me plenty of time.

Signature goes here!

Visuals are good enough, but the enviorments look just a small bit off to me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

"Bleh, too sci-fi-ish and realistic/futuristic, where is the fantasy, WHERE IS THE FANTASY?!"

Not to sound like an asshole, but you guys have no idea of what is Final Fantasy or what made the series popular to begin with, despite thinking otherwise.

It looks really beautiful! If the gameplay is as mindless as a KH game then I'm good. It might not be strategic but it's a lot of fun.

Still I'm buying this because it has Final Fantasy on the name anyway.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

outlawauron said:
Samus Aran said:

Graphics look impressive, environments look bland. I'm not seeing much fantasy I'm afraid (more sci-fi ish if you ask me).

Why are fantasy and sci-fi mutually exclusive?

and lol at some of these comments.

It's like people forgot that FF7 and FF8 weren't exactly high fantasy either. In fact, FF15 gives off a similar feeling from those two.

Really, since the 5th generation of consoles, out of the 6 main series Final Fantasy games (not counting the MMOs), FF7, FF8, and FF13 have all had modern or sci fi elements dominating their look and feel. FF9 and FF12 have been pretty much pure fantasy.  FF10 is a bit in the middle.

Oh, and warmechs and time travel can be traced back to the very first Final Fantasy.