By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Final Fantasy XV screenshots! (Updated)

Sunstrider said:
tbone51 said:
F F F F X V F F F F X V!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo Pretty!!!! Damn, i really hope i can get this day 0!!

Well, there's always raiding the warehouse, by then you'll be the first to get the game day -1

Or get a review copy.

Around the Network

Hmm.. Judging those photos again.. This may not be the case but one thing I remember about the original FFXIV (1.0) was about its graphics, seamless world, and how it challenged even the beefiest PCs on med to high setting. The results of this is having low character counts viewable on screen (NPCs, PCs, Enemies) and pop-ins. I wonder if they're doing this in FFXV.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RenCutypoison said:
Sunstrider said:
tbone51 said:
F F F F X V F F F F X V!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo Pretty!!!! Damn, i really hope i can get this day 0!!

Well, there's always raiding the warehouse, by then you'll be the first to get the game day -1

Or get a review copy.

Wait, is tbone a reviewer?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

deskpro2k3 said:

Hmm.. Judging those photos again.. This may not be the case but one thing I remember about the original FFXIV (1.0) was about its graphics, seamless world, and how it challenged even the beefiest PCs on ultra setting. The results of this is having low character counts viewable on screen (NPCs, PCs, Enemies) and pop-ins. I wonder if they're doing this in FFXV.

Doesn't FFIV 2.0 have better graphics and more characters on screen ? 

I mean how long has it been since then ? Also after Agnis philosophy, we can't underestimate Luminous engine, and FF main series graphics have always been god tier.

Sunstrider said:
RenCutypoison said:

Or get a review copy.

I don't think so, but there's always a way. (Look at all these dirty let's player getting review copies)

Around the Network

can't wait to play it.

RenCutypoison said:
Sunstrider said:
RenCutypoison said:

Or get a review copy.

I don't think so, but there's always a way. (Look at all these dirty let's player getting review copies)

Never heard of that before, gonna do some searching now, maybe I know some.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

RenCutypoison said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Hmm.. Judging those photos again.. This may not be the case but one thing I remember about the original FFXIV (1.0) was about its graphics, seamless world, and how it challenged even the beefiest PCs on ultra setting. The results of this is having low character counts viewable on screen (NPCs, PCs, Enemies) and pop-ins. I wonder if they're doing this in FFXV.

I mean how long has it been since then ? Also after Agnis philosophy, we can't underestimate Luminous engine, and FF main series graphics have always been god tier.

Yes in FFXIV 2.0, on PC/PS4 you can see 100 or 200 people at the same time on the screen. The graphics is better in terms of shadowing and art, but not as taxing in textures as 1.0 did, so PS3, and none gaming laptops can play.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I love the open world concept in this Game. Can't wait.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

RenCutypoison said:

Technically 1.0 had better graphics, but it was hilariously inefficient (1k polygon flower pots woo!). With 2.0 they reworked the game to not run like ass, but maintained most of the quality and backed it up with a much more consistent art direction. Overall i'd say it's the better looking game, and should look even better once the DX11 client comes out (probably with 3.0). Can finally use an AA method that isn't FXAA.

You're right about characters though, 2.0 allows many more on-screen at once. It runs surprisingly well too, even when you have a crap ton of people fighting an S rank:

The biggest battle I've ever seen was yesterday. An S rank spawned in Mor Dhona (the busiest non-home city area in the game). We crashed the server for about 15 minutes :D