By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryng_Tolu said:
I love my 360, much more than a PS3, i really Hope in the second place!!!

Me too and it should still be in second place.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

People are actually making up "facts"? WOW!

Proud to be a Californian.

Seece said:
Kerotan said:

That is some change from last gen.  The 360 has gone from winning to that. It's like the ps2 to ps3 but the opposite way around this time.  Great comeback.  

What's that got to do with anything? Are you really gonna post these comments for the sake of it Kerotan?

It means something big has happened 2 gens in a row if you are right. A massive turnaround.  It's very relevant and dependant on you being right and I hope you are. 

Seems like it's been undertracked for over a year now. Is it ever getting adjusted up?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

ioi said:
kowenicki said:

Countries that are developing? that you presumably cant/wont track.

We understand your dilemma but are you maintaining the US data here is correct... the variance with NPD is quite large?

If they arent in the US and arent in Europe, then where are they? 

What is you comment on the US difference and the global lifetime xbox (360 plus ONE) shipments versus VGC sell through?

Can't rather than won't - not sure what you are insinuating there. Believe me, if we can track something directly we do, otherwise we have to make a best estimate for it as I have explained numerous times in the past. It isn't a dilemma, merely the facts of the situation.

I am happy with our US data for Xbox yes.

"If they arent in the US and arent in Europe, then where are they?" - that is the question I am putting to you.

The King is Back!!! :O

Around the Network

heavily undertracked, but the numbers were corrected, but still the must be adjusted so X1 is closer to the PS4 in the USA.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:
ioi said:

Such as?

Countries that are developing? that you presumably cant/wont track.

We understand your dilemma but are you maintaining the US data here is correct... the variance with NPD is quite large?

If they arent in the US and arent in Europe, then where are they? 

What is you comment on the US difference and the global lifetime xbox (360 plus ONE) shipments versus VGC sell through?

What if Microsoft have counted rrod replacements in their data and ioi has not?  Would explain why ps3 software sales is dwarfing the 360 for the last year.

For pity sake.  For one thing... that would be accounting fraud.

So no.  Just accept the reality.

darkenergy said:
People are actually making up "facts"? WOW!

You know Kowenicki is the king of living in a dream world and making up facts

So please don't take anything Kowenicki and probably Seece(cause they are a couple) say for the truth
They are heavily biased and just want their Xbox to win.
There is a reason those 2 aren't in the Amazon monthly threads and fight here a Xbox is undertracked fight just for the fun of it i guess
And we know from checked Gaf members Microsoft shipped X1s worth for a quarter just to fake the shipment numbers and to look better in public and can't sell now cause the PS4 wrecks it again.
This probably happened to the X360 too - Now probably 2 Million africans have X360s they never wanted just cause Microsoft wanted to dump them somewhere so they can say they were shipped.

I NEED MA XBOX 2 WIN!!!

At all costs, I will defy logic to make XB1 win and be number 1 this gen.

TheDrill said:
heavily undertracked, but the numbers were corrected, but still the must be adjusted so X1 is closer to the PS4 in the USA.

They are talking about the x360 not x1. And VGC numbers are quite close to NPD and been a little more favourable to x1 so the gap is real.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kowenicki said:
ioi said:
kowenicki said:

Not asking you to. But you have confirmed the reality here, so its fine.  You have said that you cant throw numbers somewhere (I appreciate this) although you seem to accept there is a discrepancy due to shipments being far higher than sell through. 

You do accept that over 3.3m between factory and stores is too high I take it?  (for a console seriously on the wane and a new console with moderate demand)

Yes, of course a difference of 3.3m between reported shipments and sell-through is higher than would be expected and yes one of the explanations for this could be increased sales in some regions that we don't track very well over the last 12-18 months but until we know that this is definitely the case and know in which regions (either by direct research or via some third-party information) then we won't be making rash adjustments.

OK. I find it odd considering the numbers are estimations and I think you can safely estimate they are ROW... but ok.

One last thing.... why is npd so different for 360 but nothing else?

Kowen... Look at the ps4 10M sold through announcement to see ioi explanation. Basically since ioi have numbers for a lot of individual countries in RoW he can't dump them anywhere because that would make his premium accounts receive bogus data. Besides he wasn't keen on making a "nowhere group" to dump them.

But I'm also interested in NPD and germany discrepancies although their statistical error is close and ioi considered acceptable in raw they represenT Like 2M difference.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."