By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Might Feature Health Regen

Source: Vgstations.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2VrYy36nrA&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534

It seems Final Fantasy XV is going to become more casual than we think.

One thing we definitely know is that the game is trying to appeal to casual audience maybe more than we think. According to recent interview which appeared on gaming website, Siliconera, director of the project Hajime Tabata has shed some light on the game’s cover system. In the video I discuss the potential evidence which may reveal that Final Fantasy XV will include a health recovery system similar to what we see in games such as Uncharted or Gears of War. 

Keep in mind that it's still a rumor but something to consider especially since items or recovery magic were shown in any of the trailers. 

Around the Network

title fixed.

Ofcourse, there could be since little is known about the gameplay systems... but the person doing the video just grasps at straws hanging onto one word that isn't health regen.

Sounds alright. Didn't think they would start casting cure spells mid battle.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I feel that the title of this thread is missing a very important word...

DerNebel said:

"Dickgirls"?

Around the Network
Wright said:
DerNebel said:

"Dickgirls"?

That's what it was, the title should be "Final Fantasy XV Dickgirls to Feature Health Regen"

I think you're being a bit extreme here, Wright. Even if it does have health regen, so did Xenoblade and that was an awesome (and tough) game.

So no issues here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Im treating this game like Kingdom Hearts...so I hope there isn't. Potions and healing spells ftw.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Soriku said:
ishiki said:

there's nothing in there that says theres health regen. Or confirming it in anyway. The title of this thread, and video are sensationalistic.

Ofcourse, there could be since little is known about the gameplay systems... but the person doing the video just grasps at straws hanging onto one word that isn't health regen.

The original article makes it clearer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/final-fantasy-xv-director-reveals-cover-system-explains-whats-episode-duscae/

"I can’t go into too many details right now, but in terms of drawing from first person and third person shooting mechanics there is this covering system. It’s not like you’re covering yourself from a shower bullets, but there are some natural environments where you can recover your HP and then go back into battle. There are some other weapon related aspects that I will be able to reveal later on."

Anyway this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But it doesn't seem very "RPG-like" don't you think?  I kinda wished they were to go back to the traditional turn base style of play.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

"I can’t go into too many details right now, but in terms of drawing from first person and third person shooting mechanics there is this covering system. It’s not like you’re covering yourself from a shower bullets, but there are some natural environments where you can recover your HP and then go back into battle. There are some other weapon related aspects that I will be able to reveal later on."

this quote has me worried

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick