By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS outsold PS4 GLOBALLY in December 2014!? (?)

Who have sold more in December?

3DS 49 52.69%

PS4 43 46.24%

Total:92
WhiteEaglePL said:
Europe, the main source of PS Sales and worst market (of the big three US, EU, JPN) for Nintendo.

This will be close and interesting.

Is not Europe the worst market for Nintendo. Is the UK!

In France Nintendo is beast Germany too!

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Europe, the main source of PS Sales and worst market (of the big three US, EU, JPN) for Nintendo.

This will be close and interesting.

Is not Europe the worst market for Nintendo. Is the UK!

In France Nintendo is beast Germany too!

UK drags the overall eu beast down.

Also the fact that not every country in EU Nintendo sells.

In my opinion ps4 sold a little more, despite japan.

Ps nintendaro non si può sentire in inglese :p

Nice to see there still is life in 3DS.. (And that the new versions, look to have "mass apeal")

But as other in this thread had said.. Japan is becommen more and more "handheld"

daredevil.shark said:
Comparing a $199 handheld with a $399 home console looks like comparing a sports car with speed boat.

This.

And I comment where I please, as long as it's within the guidelines of conduct of VGChartz.

Around the Network

Most likely it has, and helped the Nintendo brand stay in front of the Sony brand.

Do these numbere include the new 3ds. That could have played a bigger factor.

daredevil.shark said:
Comparing a $199 handheld with a $399 home console looks like comparing a sports car with speed boat.

Sure, but both probably get similar profits (not as a percentage, but actual $'s), so this allows us to determine which company (Nintendo or Sony) is more successful in the general goal of profit-maximizing. For that reason it is useful to compare them. 

Puppyroach said:
Most likely it has, and helped the Nintendo brand stay in front of the Sony brand.

Not not really. PS4 still had a massive lead over 3DS for 2014. In fact the PS4 alone managed to outsell the 3DS and WiiU combined in 2014. It'm impossible to deny that Playstation is currently the biggest brand in gaming. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

sc94597 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Sure, but both probably get similar profits (not as a percentage, but actual $'s), so this allows us to determine which company (Nintendo or Sony) is more successful in the general goal of profit-maximizing. For that reason it is useful to compare them. 

This profit is also under fog. PS4 has PS+ revenue, selling other entertainment itmes from PSN (movies, TV show, music etc), more games sold digitally than handheld (hence more profit), more games and hence more revenue (look at GTA V sales, sony gets a cut from that sales) and console games price ($39 vs $60 + DLC + Microtransactions and in future GOTY release). But I think home systems have an edge in this regard.