By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS outsold PS4 GLOBALLY in December 2014!? (?)

Who have sold more in December?

3DS 49 52.69%

PS4 43 46.24%

Total:92

It could be but since we don't have reliable data from Europe, we will never know. 

P.D by the way, I would have won a bet against you, you are lucky that I'm not into bets :D.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
sc94597 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Comparing a $199 handheld with a $399 home console looks like comparing a sports car with speed boat.

Sure, but both probably get similar profits (not as a percentage, but actual $'s), so this allows us to determine which company (Nintendo or Sony) is more successful in the general goal of profit-maximizing. For that reason it is useful to compare them. 

This profit is also under fog. PS4 has PS+ revenue, selling other entertainment itmes from PSN (movies, TV show, music etc), more games sold digitally than handheld (hence more profit), more games and hence more revenue (look at GTA V sales, sony gets a cut from that sales) and console games price ($39 vs $60 + DLC + Microtransactions and in future GOTY release). But I think home systems have an edge in this regard.

but the majority of Nintendo games are first party on the top seller lists plus it is a lot cheaper to create games on a handheld than a home console

old skool