By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3D games (6th gen and earlier) that have aged the best graphically

Tagged games:

People saying Metroid Prime have obviously never played Metroid Prime 2 lol.

VS

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 2. Not going to post any images due to the HD remaster and the difficulty of finding images from the original. Yeah, doesn't affect the game a lot but I'm sure someone would point it out.

Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Metal Gear Solid 3 are prime examples in my opinion. Star Fox Adventures also holds up remarkably well in my opinion.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

On PS2, Gran Turismo 4, Shadow of the Colossus

*Insert HQ GameCube title here*

For me...

Metroid Prime 2

Conker Live and Reloaded

Resident Evil 4

Around the Network

Far Cry ... 

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1535/15359363/2393230-7670255399-49785.jpg

Silent Hill 3 -6 gen

http://geekti.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/6877-468x-Metal-Gear-Solid-Snake-and-Meryl.jpg

Mgs1 -5 gen

Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 have aged really well. F-Zero GX too. Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine have aged nicely; heck the water in Sunshine looks better than a lot of water in early Xbox 360 and PS3 games :P .

Also, gonna put Star Fox on the SNES out there. It's not beautiful to look at, but the simplicity makes it still work well within the game and I don't find it at all distracting.

Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank (take your pick of which ones other than Ratchet 1)
Sly 2
God of War 2
MGS3
Crash 3
Spyro 1 and 2
CTR
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess (NGC version obviously)
Mario Sunshine
Star Fox 64
Banjo 1 and 2

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Paper Mario TTYD, Paper Mario and Super Mario 64.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54