By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3D games (6th gen and earlier) that have aged the best graphically

Tagged games:

Protendo said:
FromDK said:
3 Gen: Super Mario bros
4 Gen: Donkey kong contry

Cool story.

Why :)

Around the Network

PaperMario TTYD, all the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games, Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party 4, Conker Live and Reloaded, these are just some that come to my head at the moment.

I'm now filled with determination.

Windwaker

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Wind Waker, Paper Mario TTYD, Resident Evil 4 and Shadow of the Colossus.

f-zero gc http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin_2012_09_23_15vus63.png

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

People saying Metroid Prime have obviously never played Metroid Prime 2 lol.

VS

Funny how you compare a zoomed in/original quality image and a rather decent image vs. what is no doubt a hi-res Dolphin image.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

WindWaker, Metroid Prime

Super Mario Sunshine

IkePoR said:
Samus Aran said:

People saying Metroid Prime have obviously never played Metroid Prime 2 lol.

VS

Funny how you compare a zoomed in/original quality image and a rather decent image vs. what is no doubt a hi-res Dolphin image.  

It was the only space pirate image I could find from MP1. I think the art is quite bland compared to Prime 2 space pirates. So just ignore the resolution.

This topic would've been more challenging if it was only about 3D 5th gen games because there are a lot of 6 th gen games that have aged pretty well for example most games with stylish/cartoon-ish art (Okami, Wind Waker, Kingdom Hearts 1/2, Paper Mario 2, Viewtiful Joe, etc) or late gen games like God of War 1/2, RE4, FFXII. Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

English is not my native language