By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Stands As One Of Koei Tecmos Most Successful Games

Ruler said:
Jabbamk1 said:
Ruler said:

Neogaf huh? And what data is this gaf member using? its vgchartz

Love the hypocrisy of gaming media, vgchartz is not reliable source but gaf member using vgchartz database is.

I'm using NPD. 

This data isn't on Chartz. I don't use data from Chartz. Get your facts right before posting. 

I don't even know why I visit this made up website sometimes. I guess it's just to laugh at posts like yours. 

LOL then provide link to npd data base/pdf, Where everyone can see the source. No source no proove thats how the world works, and these journalists take your forum post for granted and make news out of this.

Check the NPD thread, Creamsugar posted the data.

Around the Network

Well this thread be going the wrong direction!

I think Hyrule Warriors is fun. I had played DW games before, but love zelda games too much to pass on this.

Fusioncode said:
Well deserved. I've been playing the game and it's excellent.

I agree, game is a lot of fun.

If they make Dragon Quest Heroes an international game in sure it could break the record. I just really hope they change the name since there's already a game called Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Around the Network
SjOne said:
If they make Dragon Quest Heroes an international game in sure it could break the record. I just really hope they change the name since there's already a game called Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Are you talking WW or just US cuz the former yes, but the latter i think HW easily wins

tbone51 said:
SjOne said:

Are you talking WW or just US cuz the former yes, but the latter i think HW easily wins

Both since its on two platforms with a bigger install base

SjOne said:
tbone51 said:
SjOne said:

Well in the US That didn't make DW > HW despite the WiiU low userbase.

Besides, DQ is huge in japan, not so much here. I think many are Overestimating DQ: Heros in the west (well US).

Edit: Yeap, didn't realize it intill i saw the database. HW is over 400k, and it'll leg out probably another 150k-250k lifetime in the US (which is rare for a Musou game, at least in japan).

If you put a comparison for HW againsnt the Dragon Quest games for the US, it looks like this...

1. DQ:VIII [PS2] (around/ a little under 600k)

2. DQ:IX [DS] (563k)

3. DQ [NES] (Between 450k-490k)

4. HW [WiiU] (400k+ So far)

5. DQ:IV [DS] (272k)

Everything else from there is between 80k-200k.

As you can see, if you think DQ:Heros will beat HW, that means it has to beat almost all DQ games too!!!! O.o

Anfebious said:
Witness the power of Zelda! It makes stuff that doesn't sell... to sell!

I say we give a bit of Zelda to anything that struggles to sell! You name it, Trauma Triforce, Hyrule Odyssey, Sonic and the Master Sword, Zero Escape from Zelda's room. The possibilites are endless!

BlazZelda? Guilty Hylian? Link: Ace Attorney? Zelda May Cry?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

tbone51 said:
SjOne said:
tbone51 said:
SjOne said:

Well in the US That didn't make DW > HW despite the WiiU low userbase.

Besides, DQ is huge in japan, not so much here. I think many are Overestimating DQ: Heros in the west (well US).

Edit: Yeap, didn't realize it intill i saw the database. HW is over 400k, and it'll leg out probably another 150k-250k lifetime in the US (which is rare for a Musou game, at least in japan).

If you put a comparison for HW againsnt the Dragon Quest games for the US, it looks like this...

1. DQ:VIII [PS2] (around/ a little under 600k)

2. DQ:IX [DS] (563k)

3. DQ [NES] (Between 450k-490k)

4. HW [WiiU] (400k+ So far)

5. DQ:IV [DS] (272k)

Everything else from there is between 80k-200k.

As you can see, if you think DQ:Heros will beat HW, that means it has to beat almost all DQ games too!!!! O.o

Thing is, SW wise being released on a popular home console vs a popular handheld in the US makes a big difference.

DQVII was very late in PS life, but DQVIII shows potential fans on PS. Though its been 10+ years...