By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Stands As One Of Koei Tecmos Most Successful Games

Anyway, hopefully this will lead to them and hopefully other third parties teaming up with Nintendo for some experiments.

Around the Network

Just to give this some more data.(USA)

It took 4 months for Hyrule Warriors to get to 370k + DD (20k+)
It took 25 months for Dynasty Warriors 3 to exceed 390k+ (on PS2)
It took 13 months for Dynasty Warriors 4 to exceed 390k+ (on PS2)

factor in the size of the user-base compared to the PS games.... This is mighty Impressive. I really want to get this game but I keep getting this funny feeling that this will be a Club Nintendo reward download. Either in Feb or for Platinum

Well deserved. I've been playing the game and it's excellent.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Neogaf huh? And what data is this gaf member using? its vgchartz

Love the hypocrisy of gaming media, vgchartz is not reliable source but gaf member using vgchartz database is.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Love the hypocrisy of gaming media, vgchartz is not reliable source but gaf member using vgchartz database is.

I'm using NPD. 

This data isn't on Chartz. I don't use data from Chartz. Get your facts right before posting. 

I don't even know why I visit this made up website sometimes. I guess it's just to laugh at posts like yours. 

Jabbamk1 said:
Ruler said:

I'm using NPD. 

This data isn't on Chartz. I don't use data from Chartz. Get your facts right before posting. 

NeoGAF are still hypocrites for putting so much fate in NPD but altogether damning VGC for being less accurate even though they're both just extrapolated estimates of known samples.

Ruler said:

I made the same calculation the day NPD came out. I got the data from aqua.

Jabbamk1 said:
Ruler said:

I'm using NPD. 

I don't even know why I visit this made up website sometimes. I guess it's just to laugh at posts like yours. 

LOL then provide link to npd data base/pdf, Where everyone can see the source. No source no proove thats how the world works, and these journalists take your forum post for granted and make news out of this.

Boutros said:
Jabbamk1 said:
Ruler said:

I'm using NPD. 

NeoGAF are still hypocrites for putting so much fate in NPD but altogether damning VGC for being less accurate even though they're both just extrapolated estimates of known samples.

Are you honestly saying that VGChartz is just as accurate as NPD, GFK or other market research organisations. I think you forget how quickly the admins on here change the numbers to reflect NPD and GFK numbers once official announcements or leaks are made. I think that shows who the market leaders are for video game tracking. 

Sure, I can agree that NPD is not 100.00% accurate. But it's as accurate as we'll get and is used by manufactuers like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft to report on sell through numbers. 

This site is just made up estimates based on extrapolation. Sure it gives a general overview but it's not exactly accurate. Look at the PS4 for example, as far as i'm aware sales were over 19.5m before the end of the year yet they had to adjust it down once Sony announced 18.5m. At least with NPD we know for a fact that more than 90% of the data is hard data. 

As I said, not sure why I use this site as everyone here seems to think VGChartz is 100% accurate. I like your COMG thread btw, really well done on the work and effort you put into that. I really appreciate it.