By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

Azuren said:

On one hand, the wording sounds extremely sexist against women.

On the other, I think I understand what he is talking about. A friend of mine had his life ruined by his ex because he refused to get back with her. She had a friend of hers say he raped her, and thanks to the description of his genitalia she received from his ex and a few other testimonies from her friends, he's now a registered sex offender. His lawyer told him that even if he was innocent, there's nothing that could be done because the testimony of an alleged sexually assaulted girl holds more weight than the potential sex offender, and that the best thing he could to is admit guilt for a lighter sentence.

Are men becoming second class citizens? No. Is it too easy for women to absolutely destroy men? You bet your ass it is.

If there are no physical traces of forced sex the case should always be dropped. I'm surprised your friend didn't take revenge. Not sure if I could restrain myself. How's your friend doing?

Around the Network

Some of the last couple of posts have been... uh a bit "interesting". Guys please avoid generalizations and please stay on topic.

"With the feminism culture being so strong in the western world especially the U.S.A do you think that woman nowadays have too much rights and power?"

No. They have significantly less political and financial power as their male counterparts and are outnumbered in positions of authority. As for rights, they have the same rights as men, however, they are more likely to be violated than a man's.

"Do you also think that man are starting to be known as second class citizens?"

No. Just...not even close.

I'm not sure about the U.S.A but in Australia it went a little bit that way. Now it's coming back to true 'equal rights' as far as I can tell. For example, custody cases with divorce often result in a 50/50 split these days. This is a very recent thing though and I imagine all the fathers killing themselves after losing their kids had a bit to do with it.

generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
No, still too many boring old men in politics and as big leaders. Also there's still a difference in salary between a man and a woman with the same function.

thats not true.. no study found a meaningfull difference between male and female payment if they count in everything. its just a lie that women get payed less for the same work. thinking that women get payd 20% less or more for the same job is just stupid. no person who worked a real job can taking this argument without laughing out loud. the most people dont get to argue about payment, they get payed the same like every other person thats doing the same job, there is just no way you could pay a female worker less than a male, the unions would sue you till your company is gone.

Hmm, well I've seen different studies then. 

there are so much bad studys out there... its cheap and all of those genderstudys majors have to do something for their masters thesis and peer-review doesnt work so well if the whole profession cant do simple math... but go on, link studys

Man,  I don't have those links ready. It's probably better right now though with the wages. But you were talking about the unions, how does that work? Because I live in the Netherlands and we do have groups that make sure workers get rights, but I'm sure there's a way to pay a woman less than a man here,  because we've had big heads of banks get €100.000 when they were fired even though they didn't do a proper job.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network
JoeAncelotti said:
generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
No, still too many boring old men in politics and as big leaders. Also there's still a difference in salary between a man and a woman with the same function.

thats not true.. no study found a meaningfull difference between male and female payment if they count in everything. its just a lie that women get payed less for the same work. thinking that women get payd 20% less or more for the same job is just stupid. no person who worked a real job can taking this argument without laughing out loud. the most people dont get to argue about payment, they get payed the same like every other person thats doing the same job, there is just no way you could pay a female worker less than a male, the unions would sue you till your company is gone.

there are so much bad studys out there... its cheap and all of those genderstudys majors have to do something for their masters thesis and peer-review doesnt work so well if the whole profession cant do simple math... but go on, link studys

Man,  I don't have those links ready. It's probably better right now though with the wages. But you were talking about the unions, how does that work? Because I live in the Netherlands and we do have groups that make sure workers get rights, but I'm sure there's a way to pay a woman less than a man here,  because we've had big heads of banks get €100.000 when they were fired even though they didn't do a proper job.

if the head of a bank just gets 100k when he is fired the system works, 100m are more like the norm... 

and there is no way you can pay a women less if the union and the companys talk about the wages(normal for the most workers).

if you have to talk with your boss about your wage, its your own fault if you get payed less than the others(but those people normaly make a lot more than the rest of the work force so its not realy important)

This thread needs more Tony Abbott

No.

Women are still disproportionately treated as sex objects
Victim of sexual harrasment
Under represented in politics
Undermined in most corporate work cultures
Underestimated in capabilities and interests.

Yes they are favoured in the court system and it needs to be rebalanced but that doesn't outweigh everything else. Having sites like Jezebel write a dozen biased think pieces everyday doesn't equate to power in the real world.

generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:
generic-user-1 said:
JoeAncelotti said:

if the head of a bank just gets 100k when he is fired the system works, 100m are more like the norm... 

and there is no way you can pay a women less if the union and the companys talk about the wages(normal for the most workers).

if you have to talk with your boss about your wage, its your own fault if you get payed less than the others(but those people normaly make a lot more than the rest of the work force so its not realy important)

What system works? €100k is a lot of money to just receive after being fired because you didn't do a well enough job. Maybe it's normal in the States, but here big sums of money like that are a whole lot less common. 

But yeah that's a different topic. 

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

curl-6 said:

This thread needs more Tony Abbott

-snip-

I have no idea what that's trying to say lol (both literally and grammatically). It's Tony Abbot though, so my immediate reaction is to vomit regardless.