By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do You Think Women Have Been Given Too Much Power In The Western World?

Conegamer said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:
... This is a joke thread, right? Women remain a second class in nearly all western nations, with the US in particular being quite problematic.

If that is is the case. I want to become a second class female teenager in the states, where I would be considered to be a second class citizen, while listening to 1D on my Ipod bought by my boyfriend.

Steady on Mr.Playstation. No need for these sweeping generalizations and you know it (same applies for subsequent and previous posts, but this one seemed to be the worst). 

He does make a good point and it was kinda funny. :P

Around the Network

The US is still to elect a female President so until that time, no.

Hmm, pie.

Mr.Playstation said:
Anfebious said:
Yes, lately I feel afraid of going out and looking at people in the eye. Some chick may think I want to rape her with my sexy eyes, so I try to stay at home and socialize with my 2D girls.

Even though you say it in a jokingly manner. This is a serious problem, woman and society need to know that not every taught that passes through a man's mind when looking at a girl is " I want to have sex with her".

I know we poor males have it so bad.  I feel we are underrepresented in congress too since only 89% of the representatives are male!  ITS SOOOO BAD!!!!

I think the only area women have too much power is in divorce settlements. Other than that, women are either equal or tend to have less power than they should...

The Fury said:

Being the president isn't really all that powerful. The people who put them into office are the ones with power. Presidents are the perfect pantsy for the rest of the government.  I'm sure everyone can agree that money equates to power. There's plenty of rich women.  So let's check that one off the list.

Around the Network

The U.S. has nothing on the actual Western World, Europe. In my country, women are granted imperium, any woman is allowed to lead a standing army without any sort of constraints other than the lives of the poor men who are conscripted into these standing armies. We're forced to go to war against countries and planets we have never even heard of. Women wield way too much power today!

But I have said too much, now I must flee and go into hiding before their WomeNSA network finds and exposes me for corporal punishment.Yes, in Western World you  not figuratively, but literally get whipped for disobedience. I can't bare another thrashing their femiflails!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Who is Woman? Never heard of this person.

iTechHeads said:
Who is Woman? Never heard of this person.

Well done on being the first person to notice

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

thewalkingsatire said:
IFireflyl said:
Women have, and have not, been given too much power in the Western World.

Reasons for Have:
1. Children - Go through a divorce/separation or have a child out of wedlock, and you will see what I mean. The courts are often times leaning in favor of the woman. Men have gotten the bad rap of being deadbeats, abusive, uncaring, etc. Courts tend to side with women. I had always heard this and assumed it to be false, but then I experienced it first hand. The woman has the power here, and way too much of it.

2. Sexual Harassment - Women, again, come out on top here. They can accuse any guy of anything, and whether something comes of it or not that guy that was accused of something is remembered for that. The thing I am most sick of are the amount of women who yell, "Rape!" Please note, I am fully aware that there are women who get rapped. Go to the police. Report it. Fight to get that person behind bars. My point is that there are women who say rape just because they can. Boyfriend pisses them off, leaves, or cheats on them - let's say rape. Someone at work does or says something they don't like - let's say rape. The worst thing is when one person cries rape, and then others flock to it just to get their ten minutes of fame/sympathy/whatever. Again, if it actually happened, report it. But there are a lot of cases where it's found to be false, but the guy still has to be remembered as the guy in court being charged of rape. Whether or not he did it, that's his title.

3. Legal stuff - Referring mostly to tickets, fines, etc. This one probably won't be considered fair since it's dependent on the judge/cop/whoever, but when a woman gets pulled over for speeding, and she can just unbutton the top of her shirt to get out of a ticket, that is a disgusting abuse of power (the power of her body). My girlfriend told me she got out of tickets a lot this way, and I told her that if she ever does that again, and I find out, that I will leave her. I don't want her to get a ticket, but she isn't a f***ing whore.

Reasons for Have Not:
Everything else.

First Bold: *Raped.

Second Bold: I want you to read an article on Cracked.com titled "8 Ways the Legal System Screws Rape Victims (Like Me)"

third bold: can't statistically prove that, assumption isn't an argument.

1. Thank you for correcting my spelling error.

2. No thank you. If it's important please provide cliffnotes for me. I have no desire to go research something on someone else's request. I am not being mean. I am simply letting you know that if something is important please tell me what it is rather than have me research it myself.

3. Look at the second sentence. I stated that this is something that is dependent on the judge/cop/etc. I hear about it all the time, often from a woman who did this. I did not provide statistics, because I don't need to. This is an opinion-based thread. I gave my opinion.

The Fury said:

By this logic black people in the United States are now equal, and until Obama was elected the weren't equal. This is not a valid arguement.

1. A woman needs to run.

2. A woman needs to have a better campaign than the man/men running against her.

Women have the right to vote, just like black people have a right to vote. A black or woman President does not have anything to do with the "power" that group has.

Captain_Tom said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Anfebious said:
Yes, lately I feel afraid of going out and looking at people in the eye. Some chick may think I want to rape her with my sexy eyes, so I try to stay at home and socialize with my 2D girls.

Even though you say it in a jokingly manner. This is a serious problem, woman and society need to know that not every taught that passes through a man's mind when looking at a girl is " I want to have sex with her".

I know we poor males have it so bad.  I feel we are underrepresented in congress too since only 89% of the representatives are male!  ITS SOOOO BAD!!!!

we poor males are just as underrepresented as poor females. poor people dont get into congress, and if they do, well they sold their souls for it. thats a class and an education issue and not about gender.