By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering Getting a PS Vita

Do you think I should get a PS Vita?

Yes 112 59.26%

No 48 25.40%

Maybe 16 8.47%

See Results 13 6.88%

Total:189

I never owned a PlayStation system before and I'm currently thinking of getting a PS Vita as my first Playstation system (even though I have a Wii U and 3DS). There are some games I would like to try out on it like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Sly Cooper, and Persona. I also want to download some PSP games into the Vita as well. I was wondering if you guys think I should get it. 

Edit: Thank you for all of your responses. I decided that I will go for a PS Vita very soon.

Around the Network

If you have the money, why not?

Sure why not?

Make a list of all the games you want to play on Vita and then decide if you think that is worth it. Also you'll probably, at the very least, need a 32GB memory card as well. Especially if you have PS+ and/or decide you want to go digital.

yes, its worth. I got my vita in nov 2013, subscribe US PSN Plus (i'm not living in US) and now i have more games then i can play. My backlog mostly coming from from "free game" and highly discount sale. I highly recommend u to subscribe US PSN plus.

Around the Network

Go ahead and go for it. You've been missing out.... Says the guy that's never owned a nintendo console...

If you really think you'll like it, go for it! Life's too short to contemplate going after the things we want.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I never owned a PlayStation system before and I'm currently thinking of getting a PS Vita as my first Playstation system (even though I have a Wii U and 3DS). There are some games I would like to try out on it like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Sly Cooper, and Persona. I also want to download some PSP games into the Vita as well. I was wondering if you guys think I should get it. 

If you've never owned a Playstation system, buy one that is actually worth owning.  The Vita isn't worth owning, it's garbage, and that's coming from a Playstation fan who owns two Vitas. 

Both God of War and Sly Cooper have some massive framerate issues on the Vita as do many other ports.  Persona 4 is great and if you're into stealth games than the Metal Gear Solid Collection is good, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by purchasing a PS3 instead because everything you're interested in except Persona 4 is also on there, better graphics, and better framerate.  Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has three games on the PS360 version while the Vita version only has MGS2 and 3.

99.9% of the games you can purchase on the Vita you can also purchase on the PS3 as well as many more games you can't get on any other console that are great games or many multiconsole PS360 only titles that are great.

kupomogli said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

If you've never owned a Playstation system, buy one that is actually worth owning.  The Vita isn't worth owning, it's garbage, and that's coming from a Playstation fan who owns two Vitas. 

Both God of War and Sly Cooper have some massive framerate issues on the Vita as do many other ports.  Persona 4 is great and if you're into stealth games than the Metal Gear Solid Collection is good, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by purchasing a PS3 instead because everything you're interested in except Persona 4 is also on there, better graphics, and better framerate.  Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has three games on the PS360 version while the Vita version only has MGS2 and 3.

99.9% of the games you can purchase on the Vita you can also purchase on the PS3 as well as many more games you can't get on any other console that are great games or many multiconsole PS360 only titles that are great.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in a PS3.  Thanks for your thoughts on the Vita though.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Make a list of all the games you want to play on Vita and then decide if you think that is worth it. Also you'll probably, at the very least, need a 32GB memory card as well. Especially if you have PS+ and/or decide you want to go digital.

Good idea. Some games on the Vita look really cool to me. There was one game in particular I wanted to try out on the Wii called Muramasa: The Demon Blade, but I missed out on it. It's really cool that it's on the Vita as well (known as Muramasa Rebirth).

The 32GB memory card sounds like the right storage amount for some games I want to play. I wish the Vita's memory cards weren't so expensive though.