Do you think I should get a PS Vita?

Yes 112 59.26%

No 48 25.40%

Maybe 16 8.47%

See Results 13 6.88%

Total:189
estebxx said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Cool. I'm not sure if I'll go for a PS Vita or PS TV, but the PS TV is very tempting right now.

NO WAIT WAIT!, i have a PSTV and i cant tell you that not every game works with it, some old games like Neptunia Rebirth 1 dont work with it (although the sequels do work), there is a list that shows you wich games are compatible with it, so look up if the games that you want work with it (thats what i did)

also i have P4G and i can tell you that for a PSVITA game it looks really good on an actual TV, i prefer console gaming to handheld gaming and the PSTV was just what i needed to play those good handheld games (or well at least most of them) i say buy it if the games you want work with it, but remember that there is always the downside of having to buy a (expensive) memory card.

also as a sidenote P4G doesnt require a memory card, i can actually play it without one.

Thanks for letting me know.

Around the Network

I've been playing Freedom Wars a lot lately on my Vita. Only 400k years left on my sinner sentence.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
I've been playing Freedom Wars a lot lately on my Vita. Only 400k years left on my sinner sentence.

Cool. What's Freedom Wars like?

Mr.GameCrazy said:
deskpro2k3 said:

its a hunting game like Monster Hunter, with a grappling hook mechanic like Attack on Titan (and its actually really good from what ive heard). here is the E3 2014 demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTut8ZGNceM

Mr.GameCrazy said:
deskpro2k3 said:

its like Attack on Titan, Monster Hunter, and it is very strict.

When I mean strict, I mean that you have to earn your rights for almost everything. If you're interested in stuff like that and unlocking stuff in games then you might like Freedom Wars.

I've unlocked almost everything, and this is just a tiny sample.

Right to Inter-Gender Contact: Talk to NPCs of the opposite sex.
Right to Inter-Sinner Interaction: Talk with Sinner NPCs
Right to Pace: Take 5+ steps in the cell.
Right to Partially Unsupervised Activity: Allows the freedom to move further away so you can explore Cell Garden more.
Right to Recline: Recline while sleeping.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I bought my Vita in December and I'm spending a lot more time with it than I expected.

I already played through Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, Call of Duty, and Dragon's Crown. Its my favorite platform for portable fighters and I'm currently playing the Ninja Gaiden games.

I've been using it a lot when away from home so I'm happy with my purchase.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If you want to get into jrpgs and niche Japanese games, then I'd recommend the vita since that's what mainly comes out for it.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I never owned a PlayStation system before and I'm currently thinking of getting a PS Vita as my first Playstation system (even though I have a Wii U and 3DS). There are some games I would like to try out on it like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Sly Cooper, and Persona. I also want to download some PSP games into the Vita as well. I was wondering if you guys think I should get it. 

If you want to play those games listed, buy a PS3. You will get a better version of those games, with an access to a huge library of other games that you might find at a very low price. PS3 games are often on huge sales digitally.
You did say you have no interest in PS3, but I cannot recommend a Vita. Had it for about 6 months, which was enough to play every good game on it.

But, if you are into Japanese games and indies, go for it.

Here's what I recommend: check out how many Vita games you're interested. If it's enough go for it.

However, if the PSP and PS1 games outnumber it... they I'd suggest you buy a PSP instead (seeing as you don't want PS3 as well). It's worth mentioning some PSP games were never released on the PSN, so they can't be played on the Vita (like Crisis Core or Birth by Sleep)

artur-fernand said:
Here's what I recommend: check out how many Vita games you're interested. If it's enough go for it.

However, if the PSP and PS1 games outnumber it... they I'd suggest you buy a PSP instead (seeing as you don't want PS3 as well). It's worth mentioning some PSP games were never released on the PSN, so they can't be played on the Vita (like Crisis Core or Birth by Sleep)

Thanks for your input.