By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering Getting a PS Vita

Do you think I should get a PS Vita?

Yes 112 59.26%

No 48 25.40%

Maybe 16 8.47%

See Results 13 6.88%

Total:189

Hell yes. If you've never had a playstation system before, you've got all those PSP and PS1 games available as well. The Vita does have a massive library of its own as well. Even if they didn't release any more games from this point onwards, there's already enough to last to til doomsday.
A slightly better library than the 3DS overall I'd say (although the 3DS has better exclusives, no doubt)

Around the Network

I'm considering one too. It's not number one on my list though, and I might just ask my friend for his (He got one for free and never plays it)

garywood said:
Hell yes. If you've never had a playstation system before, you've got all those PSP and PS1 games available as well. The Vita does have a massive library of its own as well. Even if they didn't release any more games from this point onwards, there's already enough to last to til doomsday.
A slightly better library than the 3DS overall I'd say (although the 3DS has better exclusives, no doubt)

Cool. Which PSP and PS1 games would you recommend?

garywood said:

Hell no! :p

BraLoD said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

Which PS Vita games work with the PS TV?

All of them if you mean physically, digitally this are the ones: 
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376/~/games-compatible-with-playstation-tv (IN USA, don't know where are you from).

And for the PS1/PSP Classics, there is so much great stuff that's hard to recomment some.
Go for RPGs is mine. (The Legend of Dragoon being your priority is my selfish recommendation XD)

That's awesome. How much is a PS TV?

Around the Network
Mr.GameCrazy said:
kupomogli said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I never owned a PlayStation system before and I'm currently thinking of getting a PS Vita as my first Playstation system (even though I have a Wii U and 3DS). There are some games I would like to try out on it like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Sly Cooper, and Persona. I also want to download some PSP games into the Vita as well. I was wondering if you guys think I should get it. 

If you've never owned a Playstation system, buy one that is actually worth owning.  The Vita isn't worth owning, it's garbage, and that's coming from a Playstation fan who owns two Vitas. 

Both God of War and Sly Cooper have some massive framerate issues on the Vita as do many other ports.  Persona 4 is great and if you're into stealth games than the Metal Gear Solid Collection is good, but you'd be doing yourself a favor by purchasing a PS3 instead because everything you're interested in except Persona 4 is also on there, better graphics, and better framerate.  Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has three games on the PS360 version while the Vita version only has MGS2 and 3.

99.9% of the games you can purchase on the Vita you can also purchase on the PS3 as well as many more games you can't get on any other console that are great games or many multiconsole PS360 only titles that are great.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in a PS3.  Thanks for your thoughts on the Vita though.

That's a pity, you should be able to find a secondhand PS3 and PSP for less than a Vita. With the overlap in games, and considering that the PS3 easily outdoes the Vita in terms of exclusives, you'd have a better selection.

Consider getting a PSP instead, they're cheap and the games are too, plus they're easily moddable if you are so inclined. I recommend the 3000 model, lightweight and a great screen.

BraLoD said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

$79
S99 if you want it with a controller (DS3) + a game (Lego)
Here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/playstation-tv-123921

Also, people say you need a bigger card, a 32GB one if going digitally, it comes with a 8GB one it seems.

Cool. I'm not sure if I'll go for a PS Vita or PS TV, but the PS TV is very tempting right now.

If you have cash to burn then sure get a Vita. But honestly wait till its in the bargain bin.

If you want something now and dont care about handhelds as much get the Vita TV, cheaper and easier.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Mr.GameCrazy said:
BraLoD said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

$79

Also, people say you need a bigger card, a 32GB one if going digitally, it comes with a 8GB one it seems.

Cool. I'm not sure if I'll go for a PS Vita or PS TV, but the PS TV is very tempting right now.

NO WAIT WAIT!, i have a PSTV and i cant tell you that not every game works with it, some old games like Neptunia Rebirth 1 dont work with it (although the sequels do work), there is a list that shows you wich games are compatible with it, so look up if the games that you want work with it (thats what i did)

also i have P4G and i can tell you that for a PSVITA game it looks really good on an actual TV, i prefer console gaming to handheld gaming and the PSTV was just what i needed to play those good handheld games (or well at least most of them) i say buy it if the games you want work with it, but remember that there is always the downside of having to buy a (expensive) memory card.

also as a sidenote P4G doesnt require a memory card, i can actually play it without one.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
BraLoD said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

$79

I honestly say get the Vita TV, cheaper and better if you dont care about playing the games on a handheld BUT not all games can play on Vita TV.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda