By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the rainbow curse confirmed to be $39.99

Naum said:
Reading some of the comments in this topic is the reason I've almost completely stopped coming to this site.. freaking disgusting what people can say without being banned.

This. 

I like this site but sometimes I'm sickened by what I read in the forums. 

Around the Network

Yeah, but it literally looks like a download title that would be priced at $19. Obviously if its a meaty platformer then its price is justified but just based on what they've shown it I wouldn't buy it at that price.

You could honestly say that about any game. I'm not saying it's a $60 game, but $40 seems like an incredibly reasonable price. And we haven't been shown much, so how can we know? Everyone should just be happy with the fact that Nintendo is not releasing all their games at the ridiculous price of $60.

lol, you're going on like every game release is $60? For a game which everyone knew wasn't going to be full priced, $40 is not incredibly reasonable, its the absolute max they could sell it for without it seeming wayyy overpriced. You do release that for the majority of the last decade microsoft, sony and other devs have been selling budet/indie games for much cheaper then this. Off the top of my head Child of Light, Limbo, Bastion, Journey, Ratchet and Clank Quest for booty etc.... 

Also I'm not saying its not worth the money, I'm saying it ''looks'' overpriced. Of course if its 8hours long then I'll take that back, naturally though I have to make a judgement call before actually purchasing. 

Every game release is $60 from the bigger companies. You're indie example is completely invalid, as we all know the only way that these smaller companies can make money is to charge way, way less than $60 so people will feel like giving it a shot. Big name companies charge $60 almost every time. A lot of times, these games aren't even worth the $60 dollars, but it's still priced that way. Nintendo is at least recognizing that maybe not all games should be released at the $60 price. I give them props for doing so.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

And this is also not the thread for site criticism...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Naum said:
Reading some of the comments in this topic is the reason I've almost completely stopped coming to this site.. freaking disgusting what people can say without being banned.

I understand you 100%... so many polite haters... but Vgchartz is a gentleman meeting if we compare with other forums....

RealGamingExpert said:
Doesn't really interest me tbh. They should bundle it with a Kirby Amiibo! That might help.

Well if you buy it from Toys R us you get a free amiibo apparently.

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Around the Network

The big question now is... when are they going to release it on Europe?? Canvas Curse sold like... 5k?? Is possible that they don´t release a retail version on Europe but only a digital? Dam I want it now, don´t know why we are gonna get this so late...

ohmylanta1003 said:

Every game release is $60 from the bigger companies. You're indie example is completely invalid, as we all know the only way that these smaller companies can make money is to charge way, way less than $60 so people will feel like giving it a shot. Big name companies charge $60 almost every time. A lot of times, these games aren't even worth the $60 dollars, but it's still priced that way. Nintendo is at least recognizing that maybe not all games should be released at the $60 price. I give them props for doing so.

At retail the big publishers mostly charge $60 because they're selling games like AC Unity which regardless of what you think of it has a team of 100s of people working over 2-3 years. Their budget releases normally skip retail and are sold directly through the PSN store etc, but this doesn't mean that they're not comparable.  Not sure how much it was in the US but Child of Light was 12 pounds here in the UK, the whole point of these smallers games is that they're made by much smaller teams and have a much shorter developement cycle- that is reflected in its price. Now I don't know the specifics of this game but going on what I've seen it looks like it was made by a few dozen people over 12-16months- which is very comparable to a large scale indie title. 

I'm very much looking forward to the successor to one of DS's most pleasant surprises (that'd be Kirby: Canvas Curse). The game looks to continue the fun, and with solid music and that amazing clay art-style, it'll be a joy to the senses. Added multiplayer is icing on the cake. ^_^

If we're talking about what price we feel games SHOULD be, I vote that all the buggy, 20fps annualized multiplatform regurgitations should be $10.

It's a matter of money guys; devs want to make a profit.

I plan on getting it. I understand people not wanting to, but I love me some platformers (or...whatever this is?) and I don't have a game like it, so I might as well give it a shot. Plus it's Kirby. Can't go wrong with that.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread