By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - American Football - What should be the penalty for the Patriots underinflated balls vs the Colts?

Some people are really over emphasizing the difference this would make...

If they broke a rule, they should get a fine, but Pats were obviously the better team against the Colts. As Dwayne Allen (the TE for the Colts) said "@NFLonFOX not a story. They could have played with soap for balls and beat us. Simply the better team. We have to continue to build!"

Around the Network

The refs are supposed to validate the balls before game.

The ref(s) should be disciplined in some manner along with the team. Team should lose a 1st round draft pick.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

The ref(s) should be disciplined in some manner along with the team. Team should lose a 1st round draft pick.

A draft pick is nothing. They should be forced to sign Cutler and keep his salary.

I'd be very happy with that punishment. Free us up to start new.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

A draft pick is nothing. They should be forced to sign Cutler and keep his salary.

Ok now I like you Rol.  I'm a Bears fan and I F)(&()*&ing hate Cutler.  This would be a perfect punishment.

The current percentage is now up to 62% do not believe the pats. Onlyy place in the world that believes them by majority in New England themselves.

Around the Network

chocoloco said:

-snip-

The current percentage is now up to 62% do not believe the pats. Onlyy place in the world that believes them by majority in New England themselves.

This is under the assumption that the ESPN audience actually has some credibility

TheGoldenBoy said:

chocoloco said:

-snip-

This is under the assumption that the ESPN audience actually has some credibility

Over 200, 000 people voting. Who has credibility if random sports fans do not have any in their opinion?

chocoloco said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

chocoloco said:

-snip-

Over 200, 000 people voting. Who has credibility if random sports fans do not have any in their opinion?

While I don't completely believe the Pats and I am a fan of theirs, the court of public opinion is arguably the worst way to judge someone's innocence.

TheGoldenBoy said:
chocoloco said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

While I don't completely believe the Pats and I am a fan of theirs, the court of public opinion is arguably the worst way to judge someone's innocence.

It is an opinion poll for fans. It says nothing about whether the NFL will rule them completely guilty and punish them. 

Let's not forget that the Colts only scored 7 MOTHERFUCKING POINTS!!! No team deserves to win only scoring 7 points in an entire game.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.