By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon going to have Microtransactions?

I have a feeling that they won't have microtransactions on a game this big with this much hype.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
DerpSandwich said:
Steel Diver is "microtransaction-laced"? The goal of microtransactions is usually to get the player to pay a lot of small fees over and over again for non-permanent in-game perks. Steel Diver is basically a demo that lets you unlock other levels (of which there are a limited amount) for one-time fees. This is not even almost the same thing as being microtransaction-laced.

You pay that fee to get the game and then they have a bunch of $.99 subs for you to buy that are better than most other subs. And then you can also pay to win buy paying more microtransaction to get things like more crew member spots on your sub to get it even more powerful

It's weird that none of the several reviews and articles I've read have mentioned any of that...

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

In game money.

If Nintendo do it it will be OK to do

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

If Nintendo do it it will be OK to do

Useless post that adds nothing to the discussion.

Splatoon won't have microtransactions, the direct specified ingame money. Fear mongering thread based on nothing. How you thought this thread was a good idea is beyond me.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
DanneSandin said:
If Nintendo uses microtransactions, they'll do it right - just like they have with DLC. Nintendo just gets how games are made.

I really don't think there is such a thing as good Microtransactions.

This

Free to play games I can somewhat understand (the developer has to make money somehow) microstransactions for a paid game though ... piss off

isn't the Amiboo business just another form of micro transactions? technically speaking there is not much difference, unless you count having the data through a little statue automagically "better".... well then no they have not done micro transactions...

cycycychris said:
DerpSandwich said:
cycycychris said:
DerpSandwich said:
Steel Diver is "microtransaction-laced"? The goal of microtransactions is usually to get the player to pay a lot of small fees over and over again for non-permanent in-game perks. Steel Diver is basically a demo that lets you unlock other levels (of which there are a limited amount) for one-time fees. This is not even almost the same thing as being microtransaction-laced.

You pay that fee to get the game and then they have a bunch of $.99 subs for you to buy that are better than most other subs. And then you can also pay to win buy paying more microtransaction to get things like more crew member spots on your sub to get it even more powerful

It's weird that none of the several reviews and articles I've read have mentioned any of that...

I downloaded the game at launch, stopped playing after a while and noticed they added in new ways to milk money out of you. I uninstalled it once I figured out they blocked the online through with coins for none paying people(they have not gotten rid of that). But all these DLC and microtransactions I'm talking about I have seen from the Miiverse director post. I have never checked any of these out(but I can comfirm the subs costing extra money) since I got rid of the game once I notice how it was no longer really free anymore. But all these were updated in.

That's an unusually nasty trick for Nintendo!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

It might. As long as the options are cosmetic and reasonably priced, I wouldn't mind.

Keep in mind that this is made by the AC guys. A game famous for its custimisation for ingame money.