By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon going to have Microtransactions?

No. This will never happen, at least not for Splatoon. It's a full priced game already, and it's by Nintendo. The money you spend will be in-game currency, for sure.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I doubt it. The way Nintendo has gone about monetizing things, they cautiously test the waters instead of jumping in head first. Pokémon Shuffle is that guinea pig. Splatoon is positioned as something that is too big for an experiment that has a good chance of backfiring.

I imagine the SP drinks in Bravely Default were a similar testing. You'd have to think that some saps bought them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

nah.
The closest it can be of microtransactions is using amiibo for including gears of other nintendo franchises.

RolStoppable said:

That's a Square-Enix game though. While Nintendo published it in the West, I don't think they asked for microtransactions to be implemented.

They didn't, though they did have Reggie pimping those microtransactions awfully hard on a Nintendo Direct.

badgenome said:

Real money or in game currency? If it's the former I'll be interested to see how many Nintendo fans stick to their guns and how many insist that it's "different" when Nintendo does it. But this is the first I've heard of anything like that in Splatoon.

i would stick to my guns. microtransactions are BULL SHIT. no matter who does them.

Around the Network

in game coins that you get in battles is what they said

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

That would be fun to watch and brag about.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
RolStoppable said:

He was probably still hoping for a Kingdom Hearts 3 port.

That's silly. All he would have to do have Nintendo pay for all the publishing costs and port it himself during his lunch hours.

If Nintendo uses microtransactions, they'll do it right - just like they have with DLC. Nintendo just gets how games are made.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
If Nintendo uses microtransactions, they'll do it right - just like they have with DLC. Nintendo just gets how games are made.

I dunno, they're as prone to fuck ups as anyone else. Especially since they were bopping around in their own little bubble while the rest of the industry came to grips with bewildering things like HD graphics and paid DLC and account systems some 10 years ago. The Mario Golf DLC menu looked like something I would expect from an EA game, right down to the day one paid DLC. They even made the rookie mistake of making it virtually impossible to find online games for your paid courses unless you're lucky enough to get matched up with another player who also bought the DLC.

Plus, Nintendo is like any other company in the end. Once they realize that people are suckers enough to pay for something they shouldn't, they're not going to just leave all that money on the table.