By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony in talks with MS about Blu-Ray for 360...

Lol at animated gifs :D

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I most certainly don't think M$ is going to get it cheap. Can M$ get the parts themselves directly from the manufacturer, cause if they have to come through sony, they can put some heavy prices on them

MS has lawyers chomping at the bit to finally get the chance to sue someone else for uncompetetive practices and that's just what MS would do if Sony tried to jack BD-ROM prices on Microsoft.

Sony wouldn't do it in the first place because they want all the money they can get from BD and secondly, no one wants to challenge Microsoft's hoarde of lawyers. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

funny that sony won't allow chinese manufacturers to make blu-ray players...

blu-ray won't become mainstream until sony DOES do that, haha

Wow. Those are some funny gifs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Legend11 said:
I don't see why Microsoft would even consider it. Didn't HD-DVD only sell to like 3-4% of Xbox 360 owners even though no other videogame console had it? Why would Blu-Ray do better when another console already has it?

I'd sooner see Microsoft integrate Netflix into Xbox Live. Digital downloads are going to do to movies and videogames what they're now doing to music.

not for a while and Microsoft said theywant to give their customers choices. Lets see if they really care about their customer base.

I just wonder how much the drive will cost. Wuth the drive the 360 instantly costs more then the 40GB PS3. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

dude they are business men. if supporting microsoft wiv blue ray drive earns more than dominating the 360 with their ps3, they will choose the 1st option but not the second. ITS ABT MONEY AFTERALL!

Hmm.. anyone else think this article is full of crap?

What are the advantages of having a Blu Ray add on for the 360??

Blu Ray isn't the dominant format, and won't be for a couple years (if ever), so why push Sony technology... on top of that, MS would have to pay Sony to do it?

And whats with the Blu Ray Elite comment?? Will developers have to create two different games/cd's for the 360? One for the Blu Ray drive and one for the regular drive?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I really don't understand why MS would want to add a BR player to the 360... What's the point ?

kuraobi said:
I really don't understand why MS would want to add a BR player to the 360... What's the point ?

To drop the advantage the PS3 has over the Xbox 360 in terms of a blu-ray player.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
I don't think M$ will accept this, if they want Downloadables to be the future, beside they were ONLY SUPPORTINg Hd-DVD to delay the end of the format war..

now its over pre-maturely..I can hardly see them adopting blu-ray
I don't think you quite understand, Microsoft wants it.