By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony in talks with MS about Blu-Ray for 360...

external add-on, possible
but to actually build it in, dont they have to release a whole new console?
what will happen to the ones who have the xbox with dvd9?
does that make those xbox's obsolete?
no built in blu ray xbox anytime soon.

Around the Network
DogWeed said:
external add-on, possible
but to actually build it in, dont they have to release a whole new console?
what will happen to the ones who have the xbox with dvd9?
does that make those xbox's obsolete?
no built in blu ray xbox anytime soon.

No, they will just have BD drives for movies, not for games

WTF? The future is HD movie downloads...

/sarcasm

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

makingmusic476 said:
mesoteto said:
I see you and raise you one...

your move buddy

Damn, you guys found some amazing animated gifs...those are funny as hell.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I think it's a sham - seriously, by the time it hits, the PS3 will cost just a few bucks more than the add-on. And what advantages will it have? It can't play games - which was a big mistake, IMHO, for MS from the start. I know they wanted to think about gamers, but not having games that could play on it hurt adoption.

Plus, a Blu Ray Xbox is in the same league as Halo 3 and Mass Effect on the PS3, Brawl on the PS2 and Paris Hilton becoming a born-again virgin - things that could happen but are highly unlikely.

Buried as inaccurate.

mesoteto said:
makingmusic476 said:
mesoteto said:
I see you and raise you one...

your move buddy

Nathan Drake...Snakified.

If true, that could take away a huge selling point of the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Internet movie download is a long way away from competing with physical disks.

Both MS and Sony want their consoles to be the media hub for the home. With the Blu-ray win, that forces MS to add Blu-ray support. Blu-ray is a big advantage and a major selling point for the PS3 going forward. This helps both companies.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh duhduhduhduhduhduhduhuduhuduhuduhuduhuduhuduhu

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise