By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 10 Event: **LIVE** Windows 10 FREE to Windows 8, 8.1 and 7 Users.

What are you most anticipating?

The new Spartan Browser 50 23.92%

Virtual Reality debut 18 8.61%

PC Gaming with Xbox 55 26.32%

New Flasgship Phone 4 1.91%

New Surface Hardware 3 1.44%

START MENU 35 16.75%

Unknown new additions 14 6.70%

Cortana 9 4.31%

Other 15 7.18%

Total:203
Imaginedvl said:
Euphoria14 said:
Imaginedvl said:
CDiablo said:
It says free upgrade for a year. Does that mean free upgrade if you cash in within the first year of W10 being released or does that mean you get a 1 year trial and have to buy it once it is up?

I hope it is the second. Like Office 365 where you can just subscribe to it and have a bunch of licence you can use and upgrade to the new version automatically when it comes out. If they can do that like Office 365, it would be awesome (with a nice pricing of course ).

With Office 365 I have 5 licences of Office (latest version) for PC/Mac + 5 versions for Tablets for me and 4 family members. I can install them, uninstall them whenever I want for 99$ a year.

Oh god please no. I don't want to buy somethine like a Surface Pro and be tied to a $99/sub just to use it.

Well lol yah you are right after thinkinh about it a subscription model the way I decribed it would not work...

I wasnt thinking a sub but after 1 year of W10 use you get a popup saying sorry pay us $200 to continue using W10 or you can re install W7/8

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Euphoria14 said:

Oh god please no. I don't want to buy somethine like a Surface Pro and be tied to a $99/sub just to use it.

Well lol yah you are right after thinkinh about it a subscription model the way I decribed it would not work...

LOL, glad you came to your sense.

Imagine customers who bought a Windows PC in 2015 got home and found out they had to sign up to a $99/year sub to keep their PC running.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Those impressions...ugh.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This emo speaker is boring me...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Free upgrade? That's awesome.

Around the Network

Cortana is kinda creepy and this stream is awful!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ok can we move on from Cortana now?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Please stop talking about Cortana.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Free upgrade? That's awesome.

Free upgrade for what?? Must have missed it due to this stream :/ 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'm really liking how it switches from PC to tablet so easily while not really changing much in terms of how everything functions.

Definitely increased my interest in getting a windows tablet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!