By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I prefer portable gaming to console gaming.

Do you agree with me?

Yes Baby! 43 36.44%

No.. 75 63.56%

Total:118

Playing Chrono Cross and Full Throttle! on my PSP are some of my best gaming experiences, but generally I prefer PC and home consoles so they are better because I said so.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I was a handheld guy for years, from my sisters gbc and gba before I bought my own DS and 3DS.

But after buying a Wii U last year I haven't touched it except for checking out the smash demo.

Ya I prefer portable consoles but I wish they would make them more comfortable, psp was a class portable but you could say the same about 3ds

old skool

Why not have both? Get yourself a Vita and a PS4 and enjoy the wonderful World of remote play!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Ka-pi96 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Mod edit - Title change - Starcraft

Ok, I've gotta ask, what was the title before? Why was it changed?

Yeah!I m wondering about it too!

Around the Network

If you like Nintendo and Japanese made games, its kind of obvious by now that you prefer handhelds. Even the Japanese have been there.

Same here. I recently got a ps4 and a new laptop, but I rather game on my vita.

Games like Rayman legends work better on a small screen but the main reason I prefer the vita is the effortless process of playing a video game. I turn the vita on and a second later I can continue playing exactly where I left off. With a ps4 I have to turn on the ps4, turn on the tv, find the right user, scroll through a couple of option, find the game, press o (Asian ps4), wait a bit for the game to load, find my save file and start playing not from where I left off, but where the game would let me save. So when I feel tired and I'm in the middle of a long mission of say Infamous First light, I push myself to keep playing until I beat it. With the vita (and a 3ds) I can just stop whenever I want to. For me, this is huge, especially since I have very little time for gaming these days.

If portable gaming would be more comfy like I would not have to hold the thing in front of me all the time I would probably agree. I always have problems reading books or playing handhelds etc because I get neck pain.

We need Nintendo Holo3ds as soon as possible (just having a controller that projects the screen into the room)

I would rather give up on gaming entirely than have to endure handheld gaming.

I'm the opposite. I definitely prefer my console gaming over handheld. Hell, i have about the last 6 or 7 months worth of free downloads from PS+ and some physical games i bought for it, just sitting here.