By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I prefer portable gaming to console gaming.

Do you agree with me?

Yes Baby! 43 36.44%

No.. 75 63.56%

Total:118

You're a freak, an aberration! (Joke)

There are good reasons to prefer both styles.

Around the Network
naruball said:
Same here. I recently got a ps4 and a new laptop, but I rather game on my vita.

Games like Rayman legends work better on a small screen but the main reason I prefer the vita is the effortless process of playing a video game. I turn the vita on and a second later I can continue playing exactly where I left off. With a ps4 I have to turn on the ps4, turn on the tv, find the right user, scroll through a couple of option, find the game, press o (Asian ps4), wait a bit for the game to load, find my save file and start playing not from where I left off, but where the game would let me save. So when I feel tired and I'm in the middle of a long mission of say Infamous First light, I push myself to keep playing until I beat it. With the vita (and a 3ds) I can just stop whenever I want to. For me, this is huge, especially since I have very little time for gaming these days.

So right about this... I feel that Console gaming is more of a COMMITMENT because you just can't put it on standby like a Vita or a 3DS. If you turn on a console theres lots of effort to be put into it, and you hate to game for less than 2 hours because of that effort. The Vita and the 3DS are always ready when you are!

Good for you, you're not the only one though.

Me too but that's because I use my portable consoles in my home! It's the same experience the only difference is the tiny screen and the tiny controls but put that aside and the quality of the games is the same as the home consoles games.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

3ds = my favorite system since the gba.

so i'm with you. it's just more convenient. i find it a chore to drag myself over to the room where i keep the tv and consoles. portables are instant gratification, and perfect for playing in short bursts. but this is starting to sound like a press release...

Around the Network

I like both handhelds and consoles.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
naruball said:
Same here. I recently got a ps4 and a new laptop, but I rather game on my vita.

Games like Rayman legends work better on a small screen but the main reason I prefer the vita is the effortless process of playing a video game. I turn the vita on and a second later I can continue playing exactly where I left off. With a ps4 I have to turn on the ps4, turn on the tv, find the right user, scroll through a couple of option, find the game, press o (Asian ps4), wait a bit for the game to load, find my save file and start playing not from where I left off, but where the game would let me save. So when I feel tired and I'm in the middle of a long mission of say Infamous First light, I push myself to keep playing until I beat it. With the vita (and a 3ds) I can just stop whenever I want to. For me, this is huge, especially since I have very little time for gaming these days.

So right about this... I feel that Console gaming is more of a COMMITMENT because you just can't put it on standby like a Vita or a 3DS. If you turn on a console theres lots of effort to be put into it, and you hate to game for less than 2 hours because of that effort. The Vita and the 3DS are always ready when you are!

Glad I'm not the only one. Gotta admit, the lack of such an option on nds pushed me away from getting it and it was the reason I decided to buy a 3ds (plus naruto and pokemon, but those two alone would not have been enough).