By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS2 Emulation Megagamer Superior Race

I really wonder if I could run that emulator on my laptop...

And I can use original discs, right? Or do I need ISOs?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
manuel said:

What are your specs? Emulation speed (in general) relies a lot in CPU speed (not clockspeed).

superior race you say......

Sorry but i played this games 10 years ago.

manuel said:

Yes, you should post your laptop specs so we can tell you.

You can make ISOs from your original PS2 discs with free software like MagicISO. But, from my epxerience, sometimes my original ISOs don't work for some reason and then I, feeling no guilt, go to emuparadise.me

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

pbroy said:
Gonna have to check this out. PS2 was RPG heaven. Would like to see how they look with better graphics.

Only way to still play Dark Cloud, Dark Chronicles and Rogue Galaxy without searching the interwebz for hours and paying hundreds of dollars.

Around the Network

The GameCube games look better just on the console never mind when using dolphin, plus best console ever was snes hands down the ps2 was just a cheap dvd player

old skool

manuel said:

My laptop is pretty shitty (610m, i3-2350m) and i can run most games fine. No upscales textures though.

Damn, PS2 games stretched to 16:9 look really bad! Especially Deus Ex in the OP, for christ's sake, don't do that!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

walsufnir said:
manuel said:

What are your specs? Emulation speed (in general) relies a lot in CPU speed (not clockspeed).

Here's a link to the specs. It's in Japanese though... but the important points should be understandable.

If not, I'll post info when I come back from work.

Btw, I have the one with the specs on the left (gold) column.

http://dynabook.com/pc/catalog/dynabook/140212t554/spec.htm

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

raidinglarastomb said:
The GameCube games look better just on the console never mind when using dolphin, plus best console ever was snes hands down the ps2 was just a cheap dvd player

i think so too, well atleast some nintendo games do look better,i think its the tech behind, wii games scale up realy nice too-