By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS2 Emulation Megagamer Superior Race

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

Final Fantasy XII

And to think I've seen at least 20 people on youtube claim FFXII looks better than Xenoblade Chronicles X lol.

Anyway, does look good for a PS2 game! Brings out the colours better.

To be fair it is one of the ugliest areas in the game. Although I agree Xenoblade has much better environments (vaster and prettier) than FFXII. The only reason I didn't take pics of other areas is becuase my save file on here doesn't go that far. 

Here's what the game can look like with add-ons. Pretty nice. 

Around the Network

why play the PS2 version of Deus Ex, ZOMG

Imo emulators are bad, they have tons issues and glitches. I rather play games on original hardware with original controllers, and these consoles do look good on your tv with the right cables and equippment

And yes you can also pirate on original hardware if you know how to mod

Ruler said:

Emulators are bad, they have tons issues and glitches. I rather play games on original hardware with original controllers, and these consoles do look good with the right cables.

Yeah I've experienced a glitch here and there (not as frequently as you imply) but it is worth not having to lug my PS2 with me in my mobile college life, and also worrying about said PS2 dieing (some games already get disc read errors.) Additionally, I get to play at a much higher resolution and in some instances - a more consistent framerate. Usually any bug fix is a simple google search and unchecking a box in settings away from being fixed. 

sc94597 said:
Ruler said:

Emulators are bad, they have tons issues and glitches. I rather play games on original hardware with original controllers, and these consoles do look good with the right cables.

Yeah I've experienced a glitch here and there (not as frequently as you imply) but it is worth not having to lug my PS2 with me in my mobile college life, and also worrying about said PS2 dieing (some games already get disc read errors.) Additionally, I get to play at a much higher resolution and in some instances - a more consistent framerate. Usually any bug fix is a simple google search and unchecking a box in settings away from being fixed. 

Ps2 can load all its games from its harddrive as well.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

Final Fantasy XII

And to think I've seen at least 20 people on youtube claim FFXII looks better than Xenoblade Chronicles X lol.

Anyway, does look good for a PS2 game! Brings out the colours better.

Well, the faces do, I don't know about anything else though.

I'm now filled with determination.

spemanig said:
SNES was the best console and SNES games were the best console games "hands down."

Carry on.

If we were to have a comparison of the amount of quality games on each console, PSX and PS2 separately would win "hands down."  SNES is a great console and has a lot of great games, but PSX and PS2 had more.

But back on topic.  I have around 150 PS2 games and a PC that can handle this emulator.  Maybe one day I'll take advantage of it, but I'm currently satisfied using my crappy PS3 upscaler.

ishiki said:

Because it's the better version - better interface and controls. I play it with my wireless Dualshock 3, know what I mean? Controller > kboard+mouse.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Ruler said:

Imo emulators are bad, they have tons issues and glitches. I rather play games on original hardware with original controllers, and these consoles do look good on your tv with the right cables and equippment

Nor the hardware or the DVDs are that safe against the test of time. I once bought an old PS2 with Shadow of the Colossus. The machine was pretty old, but I cleaned its insides as best as I could. The first time I'm playing SotC, and imagine my surprise when the game kept glitching out: the ground dissapeared a couple of times, some of the textures became green, others became oversimplified... Always hearing about how much of a masterpiece the game was, and I was fighting to travel around in the overworld without any ground! The console was too old, and it died months after I beat the game. The last thing I played on the machine was the first level of God of War, and it looked and sounded like a bad creepypasta: enemies deformed, colours and textures altered, music distorted... then the console died and was unable to repair it. Now I emulate PS2.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

m0ney said:
ishiki said:

Because it's the better version - better interface and controls. I play it with my wireless Dualshock 3, know what I mean? Controller > kboard+mouse.

Oh, it's a fun thread! Should've tagged it as such.