By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I don't care about Evolve

LudicrousSpeed said:

Idk where people are getting the idea that it's not a complete game either. You can play solo or online. There is a twist on a campaign mode with Evacuation. The grinding required to level up the characters is real. It's just as complete as any other game.

I think this actually sums it all up --- most other games are not complete either.

This game is not complete because you get a couple of monsters and have to pay for more.

You get a few hunters and have to pay for more.

You get a few maps and modes and will get more at a later date....

Sure, it's the same as Battlefield, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Destiny etc.etc.  But those games are not complete either...

It has become commonplace for developers to charge us full price for incomplete games ---- that will only be complete if you pay more money. That was the jist of this video, with Evolve only being used as an example of developers and publishers running wild with DLCs usually intentionally omitted from the main game.

Around the Network

But... the maps are free.

I'd fuck almost anything. As for this game, I have no interest in it ATM

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I have a feeling it will be similar to TF. Again no excuses for that game either. Without a proper SP it should have released cheaper.

The point here is, that any game if it comes at a full price should have enough content on it to justify the price. Charging £45-50 for a few maps and characters is daylight robbery, especially if the sp is just another re-skin of the MP like in TF and Loadout. Then to charge another £20-35 on top for content that was lacking in the first place is further insult.

Skins were things you unlocked in the past, not something u had to preorder or pay extra for, so were unlockable characters. If any game charges £20-35 for a season pass, they should be getting at least another 40-50% of additional content, yet this rarely happens. So far the only developer that has delivered on content free and paid for is Evolution Studios.

Now if people are happy to pay £70+ for incomplete, lacking in content, minimal and or f2p games that aren't free to begin with as they come at a full game cost, then fair enough, but for the rest of the gamers that haven't got money to throw away, these business practices must go.

When I first saw Evolve I didnt even know about the DLC bull that he's talking. I summed up that the game would be a DLC whore by the fact that the game is as bare bones as a it gets. Very little variation in monsters and content in the game and I questioned whether this game should even be sold at $60.

Around the Network

I like the concept, but at the same time conceptually it makes more sense of the Wii-U's eShop than for PS4/Xbone retail release. Imagine it being played in local multiplayer with one player on the gamepad and the others on pro-controllers but also having free online that worked day one.

Also apparently it sounds like it should be freemium.

Twilord said:

I like the concept, but at the same time conceptually it makes more sense of the Wii-U's eShop than for PS4/Xbone retail release. Imagine it being played in local multiplayer with one player on the gamepad and the others on pro-controllers but also having free online that worked day one.

Also apparently it sounds like it should be freemium.

It probably should be free to play. Problem For Nintendo is that no one is going to dumb down the quality of their games for them.

pbroy said:

I'd fuck almost anything. As for this game, I have no interest in it ATM

I was never interested.

Blek, Jim Sterling. I'll need to see information from someone I can trust, first.