By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Nathan Drake, theoretically, be gay?

Could Nathan Drake be a believable gay character?

Yep. 62 21.23%

Nope. 173 59.25%

Maybe. 38 13.01%

See results. 19 6.51%

Total:292

With all the mass killings he does and not to mention that virtually all of them are men in fact, I can't see him having the time for intimate relationships of any kind lol.

Around the Network

did you see the women he banged?

I wouldn't really see the point of making him gay unless it fit with some story they wanted to tell. But sure, why not.

He isn't, wish he was though lol

Theoretically, sure, why not. TBH tho the reasons stated in the OP are kinda weak. Holding hands at someone's request is neglegible and as far as the 'hello sailor' line goes, a lot of 'homoerotic' slang is thrown around where I work. For example where I work, we always pretend to jerk off using giant tools, its not gay, just goofy.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

why do games have to be about straight or gay?

i don't think they should bring their sexual preferences into games like Uncharted. I just want to get on with the mission not worry if my character is asking a girl to bend over or if he the one bending over,

I think it would cause some outrage if this version of Drake all of a sudden came out to Sully, Elena or something, but if the series was rebooted in the future there's no reason why you can't have a gay Drake, you just need to develop the character right and deal with this element of his personality/lifestyle right.

IMO it would make a lot more sense to make a new game, with a homosexual protagonist, or maybe that stuff shouldn't be so important, the character is just a means to take you on a journey, through a fantasy world. I'm not saying don't deal with important parts of the character's story, but only mention sexuality and other parts of the character's identity if the story leads to that. Like if a girl comes on to Drake in a bar that he's looking for info in and he fobs her off or just comes straight out and says "I'm into guys sorry".

Uncharted could always have a new lead character if something happens to Drake and they could be gay. Maybe Naughty Dog should introduce someone.
Personally I hope the series carries on for a long time and anything can happen.
Provided the introduction of a new character feels natural I wouldn't mind if they they were whatever sexuality fits for their persona, it just has to work well as far as they're concerned IMO.

You wish :p

Personally, I don't think it's necessary nor applicable to Drake's character.

Aside from that, the problem is gay folk and straight folk alike want characters they can relate to. Sexuality is a defining trait to a person, so there has to be a certain balance of representation in the media. LGBT themes are represented fine enough today, and Naughty Dog has already delivered quite a few gay characters. Nonetheless, as a straight male and Uncharted fan, I wouldn't like to see Drake gay because I feel I would relate to him much less.

I need to play the trilogy again because I don't recall him being ''in love'' with Elena, she is just the closest thing he has to a home. She's in love with though, thats clear.