By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Nathan Drake, theoretically, be gay?

Could Nathan Drake be a believable gay character?

Yep. 62 21.23%

Nope. 173 59.25%

Maybe. 38 13.01%

See results. 19 6.51%

Total:292

If you've played the first 3 games then it obviously not believable, due to his female love interests.

But possibly on the subject of the issue, games that do involve a love interest in there stories, possibly should allow the player to choose there preference. I think being able to choose a female protagonist would also be good.

Around the Network

Anything is possible.

And I'd like to see it, if only because there aren't a lot of gay protagonists in games (aside from games like Elder Scrolls/Fallout/The Sims/etc. where you essentially get to create your own character and choose their gender and sexuality).

Fuck no... Or...
Is anybody in here gay? I mean, somebody who could have an honest opinion about this guy (gay standards and stuff).

Ex Graphics Whore.

^ *raises hand*

And there's no criteria based upon which a character could plausibly be written as gay/bi, so long as any relationships they have feel well-written and sincere.

I'm not personally a huge fan of ND's games but they're pretty good as far as writing characters is concerned, so I reckon they could pull it off with Drake if they wanted to.

From what little I know of him he could easily be bi... the question is would people believe that he is a bottom boy.

Around the Network

Yes it would be believeable, he's hot enough.

From what i understand there is about a 12% chance someone is a gay so yes it's possible. So there is also a 12% chance Mario is gay, or Master Chief.

I'm out of this shithole, these threads are getting worse and worse every day.

I am gay. But no, hes probably straight.

Two men can be intimate, have a close relationship/friendship without bekng gay.

The is he gay or not debate is mostly perpetuated by women who like to weed out the men they might percieve to be gay, in order to not initiate relationship with them.
And if women see two men being close, the claws come out and rumors are spread. But no men disses women for their close friendship with other females.

Let men be close and have good friendship, without the gay or not question having to enter the picture.

Well, we all know what happens inside most of boy´s orphanage...