By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be the 1st 10 million seller of the 8th Gen? (Home Consoles only)

1st 10 million seller (retail, on VGC)

GTA V (PS4) 41 27.15%

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (PS4) 10 6.62%

Call of Duty 2015 (PS4) 28 18.54%

Call of Duty 2015 (XB1) 1 0.66%

Fifa 16 (PS4) 6 3.97%

Halo 5 (XB1) 7 4.64%

Uncharted 4 (PS4) 16 10.60%

Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) 27 17.88%

Other game (announced or annualized) 7 4.64%

Other game (un-announced sequel or new IP) 8 5.30%

Total:151

Destiny 2

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Lol I already regret putting MK8 as an option...Nintendo scores on VGC polls like crazy, it's just ridiculous.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Grand Theft Auto V on PS4 is already tracking ahead of Grand Theft Auto IV on 360 so it should get there though it might take 2 or 3 years. It is possible that the next Call of Duty ends up reaching 10mil first. I don't think advance warfare will make it anytime soon considering sales will go down the gutter once the next CoD comes out. 

GTA 6 and COD 2015 are both good contenders

lol at some people saying it will take a long time to get a 10 million seller, anyway Call of Duty 2015 or GTA V

Around the Network

C'mon guys, TLOUR will be bundled with every PS4 in the US this year.

Teeqoz said:

That's a game I'd be putting quite close to the top of a potential first 10 million seller list as well. Though it really depends on how extensive the bundling really turns out, will they start doing the same thing in Europe (I fear not, but goddamn Sony I want a free game with my PS4 as well)? Will they release a more enticing PS4 SKU sometime during the year that doesn't include TLOU (they did specify 500 GB bundle in the blogpost)? Will they start bundling a different game next year? Will TLOU also be part of at least one of their holiday bundles?

There are still some variables that could stop TLOU:R on PS4 from reaching 10 million.

DerNebel said:
Teeqoz said:

That's a game I'd be putting quite close to the top of a potential first 10 million seller list as well. Though it really depends on how extensive the bundling really turns out, will they start doing the same thing in Europe (I fear not, but goddamn Sony I want a free game with my PS4 as well)? Will they release a more enticing PS4 SKU sometime during the year that doesn't include TLOU (they did specify 500 GB bundle in the blogpost)? Will they start bundling a different game next year? Will TLOU also be part of at least one of their holiday bundles?

There are still some variables that could stop TLOU:R on PS4 from reaching 10 million.

I agree, but people seem to be ignoring it completely in the race for 10 million. It's deffinetly a strong contender, much moreso than Mario Kart 8.

Teeqoz said:
DerNebel said:
Teeqoz said:

I agree, but people seem to be ignoring it completely in the race for 10 million. It's deffinetly a strong contender, much moreso than Mario Kart 8.

Oh yeah definitely, people voting for MK8 are just voting for it because it's the only Nintendo option.

Gta 5 ps4