By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is Actually Quite Innovative; it’s Time to Shelve that Boring, Generic Excuse to Bash it

GribbleGrunger said:

This is incredible. Just like on Gaf people are now redefining QTEs to justify the constant bashing of this game. I guess TLOU was a QTE fest too because it had just as many button prompts as this game. Why don't you all just shut up and wait for the game to come out instead of ingoring the people that have said it's great and focusing on the people who have 'concerns'. Thanks Christ the majority of PS4 fans don't bother with the internet.

No need to tell people to shut up just because you disagree with their opinion. Exclusives tend to get crapped on more than other games, especially those that are hyped. This is like the Ryse of PS4. I don't remember you rushing to the defense of that game and angrily telling people to shut up. In fact I would bet if I cared to look back, you were probably in some threads bashing it.

People don't really need to redefine anything to justify the negative opinions of The Order. The complaints are simple, obvious, and completely logical. People have always had different opinions on QTE's. Again, see: Ryse.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

I haven't seen anything yet, in this thread anyway, that I would qualify as ban worthy negativity. Nobody's spouting venomous hyperbole about how it'll be "teh wurst game eva" or anything like that. Unless I missed something.

Yes you are right that there wasn't any ban worthy negativism but also there isn't blind support (just some people who likes the game even with things that are issues to others). Just saying in vgc the negative posts are less acepted than positive (mainly because the negatives lead to flaming and trolling sometimes). I actually would accept if both were accepted equally.

I personally don't think either the detractors or the defenders have crossed into fanaticism in this thread, I'm just saying that if one side is accused of it, the other side could be accused too. It's probably best we just don't accuse anybody.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

I haven't seen anything yet, in this thread anyway, that I would qualify as ban worthy negativity. Nobody's spouting venomous hyperbole about how it'll be "teh wurst game eva" or anything like that. Unless I missed something.

Yes you are right that there wasn't any ban worthy negativism but also there isn't blind support (just some people who likes the game even with things that are issues to others). Just saying in vgc the negative posts are less acepted than positive (mainly because the negatives lead to flaming and trolling sometimes). I actually would accept if both were accepted equally.

I personally don't think either the detractors or the defenders have crossed into fanaticism in this thread, I'm just saying that if one side is accused of it, the other side could be accused too. It's probably best we just don't accuse anybody.

Not accusing, and no one crossed. Just said it was funny that almost everyone complaining don't have the console or want the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Do you keep tabs on what consoles everyone in the forum owns? lol.

And why would people want a game they are complaining about? If someone asked me about Brussels sprouts I would say they smell weird and taste gross. I wouldn't then stop on the way home and buy a Brussels sprout sandwich or something.

This game gets a lot hate, but mostly from XBox fanboys. The game scares them because it is something that their console of choice will not have and will not have anything remotely close to compete with it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

The fact that so many fans of other consoles are hating on the game without playing it speaks volumes.....Mods should crack down a bit here seems trolling is pretty rampant. Most of the hate is coming from people who dont like or own Playstations.....pretty transparent.

ICStats said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
LOL what a bizarre article. I like how he lists some common gameplay complaints, like boring and generic, but tries to tell us those complaints are invalid because of these massive reaches on what qualifies as innovative, none of which are crucial to gameplay. aka the portion of the game people are worried about.

I mean, the gunplay looks like ass, there seems to be way to many QTE's and it looks extremely linear, all imho, but the music and some development tricks! Surely those make up for it. And the setting, wow. Even though you can't explore off your set cinematic path, it's still totally innovative! Weak gunplay and tired TPS mechanics in a typical espionage setting or the usual sci-fi, well that's boring. Weak gunplay and tired mechanics in a Victorian setting, baby you got a stew going.

For once I agree with LudicrousSpeed.  The games problem is not innovation, it's the gameplay.

What the heck is with the hand pistol having ridiculous recoil spasm, while bullets seem to curve and hit the target anyway?  That's some innovation that would've been better left out.

You and Ludicrous played it?

LudicrousSpeed said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This is incredible. Just like on Gaf people are now redefining QTEs to justify the constant bashing of this game. I guess TLOU was a QTE fest too because it had just as many button prompts as this game. Why don't you all just shut up and wait for the game to come out instead of ingoring the people that have said it's great and focusing on the people who have 'concerns'. Thanks Christ the majority of PS4 fans don't bother with the internet.

No need to tell people to shut up just because you disagree with their opinion. Exclusives tend to get crapped on more than other games, especially those that are hyped. This is like the Ryse of PS4. I don't remember you rushing to the defense of that game and angrily telling people to shut up. In fact I would bet if I cared to look back, you were probably in some threads bashing it.

People don't really need to redefine anything to justify the negative opinions of The Order. The complaints are simple, obvious, and completely logical. People have always had different opinions on QTE's. Again, see: Ryse.

This game is nothing like the horrid gameplay of ryse, when did you play the order to be so hell bent on bashing it? Oh right it's not on x1. You are trying to make it sound like the game is a QTE fest and it is not, IGN recent preview and peoplw who played it a PSX know more then you do...It is easy to see what is going on, game is not on your beloved console so any ammo to bash it you use it.

The same people bashing the order , when they have not played any of it or seen anymore then a couple mins of it, are touting Quantum break, a game whose gameplay reveal looked generic as a generic third person shooter could look.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Do you keep tabs on what consoles everyone in the forum owns? lol.

And why would people want a game they are complaining about? If someone asked me about Brussels sprouts I would say they smell weird and taste gross. I wouldn't then stop on the way home and buy a Brussels sprout sandwich or something.

This was almost exactly what I was going to post last night (apart from the bit about the brussels sprouts sandwich), except I fell asleep.

People really need to relax a little bit about others being a bit critical about a game that NONE of us have yet played. Fervent praise is just as out of place as harsh criticism. Having said that the reality is that early impressions are part and parcel of what helps games to build hype and sell (or not) these days.

With so many games to choose from, decisions regarding purchase are often made very early based on relatively limited information. In this regard the developers have done themselves a disservice by showing an early version of the game that garnered its fair share of criticism, particularly if that wasn't representative of the final game.

There are plenty of games that I've seen at this point in development that I know I want to get but for my part this game has much convincing yet to do before I lay down my hard-earned.

If that opinion makes me a fanboy then I think some people need a reality check.

Alt in the thread catching feelings LOL