By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Bayonetta 2 Nintendo's answer to God Of War?

?

Yes 39 14.83%

No 168 63.88%

Maybe 56 21.29%

Total:263
GTAexpert said:
sundin13 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
LOL Nintendo fans are so funny. They never cared for Beyonetta but now that it's exclusive to Nintendo it's the greatest hack & slash game ever and far superior to everything else. Go figure.

Errr...I think Bayonetta was largely considered to be one of the best hack n slash/spectacle fighters by pretty much everyone and Bayo 2 improves on it in almost every way. No need to go throwing around baseless assumptions...that just has no place in this thread (or any thread really)

That's a lie. Only 360 owners last gen considered it to be the best because they didn't play God Of War. God Of War III blows it out of the water.

A not biased comment

Around the Network
jetforcejiminy said:
sundin13 said:

I don't know why I'm being such a dick right now, but yeah...this whole argument is weird. 

you're being too kind of course, there isn't really an argument besides i like god of war cuz it's "epic."

anyway, i played the first on ps2 out of morbid curiosity, and i don't understand why anyone would play it again on the same platform that had three devil may cry titles... or any other platform, for that matter.

also, why does kratos look perpetually and severely constipated?

GTFO

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

This thread has unfortunately veered wildly off course since it was created. There have been a lot of questionable posts already.

I expect everyone to be on their best behavior moving forward.

This is the first and last warning: no personal insults, no baseless accusations, and no trolling.

Goodnightmoon said:
GTAexpert said:

That's a lie. Only 360 owners last gen considered it to be the best because they didn't play God Of War. God Of War III blows it out of the water.

A not biased comment

As biased as it might sound at first, hes right about the 360 gamers rooting for similar games vs Sony first party back in 08-09 in their attempt to rationalize their dislike for Sony titles. A lot of people were backing games like Dantes Inferno which ripped off God of Wars development style almost completely. There were even parodies about how badly God of War got ripped off.

If you said Infamous the 360 gamers said Prototype.

If you said God of War they said Dantes Inferno.

If you said God of Waragain they said Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

Today if you say Uncharted, they say Tomb Raider. 

All the while Xbox gamers forgot that those games they mentioned were already available to Sony gamers so they were already aware of how good or how bad those games were vs Sony's exclusives. Outside of Prototype all of them were inspired or recreated based off of Sony exclusives.

I never heard them talking about Bayonetta though, but truthfully Sony gamers shouldn't have cared since once again they got that game too ontop of the exclusives.

Goodnightmoon said:
GTAexpert said:

A not biased comment

I agree with him. Someone said they don't understand why someone would play GOW on PS2 when there was DMC. I don't understand why anyone would play Bayonetta on PS3 when there was GOW3.

Around the Network

Sort of. It falls into the same category, and while not quite as disgustingly sadistic as GoW, it's too brutal for me, just as well.

I love GoW and I love Bayonetta. Both are awesome. Don't go hating on a game you haven't tried for yourself.

Nintendo had wanted to do another PG exclusive. PG wanted to do Bayo 2, but no publisher wanted Bayo 2. Nintendo said, "if all we can get from you is Bayo 2 - we'd be cool with that". Simple.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

too bad nobody bought it!!! even with its crazy gameplay and awesome graphics

Clyde32 said:
I don't think Nintendo cares about God of War.

You think well.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

GTAexpert said:

Like I said before, Bayo and GoW are so different...they are on opposite sides of the genre. 

Also, I know plenty of people who are "Sony gamers" or multiconsole owners who love Bayo and don't like GoW. 

My point was that Bayo was universally considered to be amazing whether or not you want to compare it to GoW...whether or not you are a Nintendo fan or MS fan or Sony fan. 

Why are you so hellbent on insisting that GoW is the only good hack n slash ever?