By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Dark Souls 2 sell more on Xbox One?

estebxx said:
Well im a soul fan and i will ONLY buy Bloodborne... but thats mainly because i didnt enjoyed Dark Souls as much as Demons Souls, and given the fact that Dark Souls 2 is the "weakest souls game" according to the majority of fans then that doesnt give any incentives on picking up a sequel thats not so good to a game that i didnt enjoyed as much as the original Soul game.

Plus Bloodborne brings up a lot of stuff that i love, Victorian era londong, a Gothic theme and Fast paced combat, plus it also brings stuff that i am loving in concept like the fact that the weapons can transform and the lack of shields and focus on agresive gameplay... i love that!.

I already own ds2, so I see no reason to get it again at this point in time. I agree with what you're saying though. Dark souls 2 had one really major problem. There was no lore, or anything like that. It just felt like some kingdom  that never fell because it was always like this. There weren't dead bodies, it was just there. Bloodborne looks like they're returning to Demon's souls in that way. I know these aren't story driven games, but Dark souls and Demon's souls created excellent atmospheres. Dark souls 2 didn't have that. 

Around the Network

FW sales between the 2 platforms could be interesting, but I dont think the X1 version has any chance at selling more LT

Wright said:
Dr.Vita said:
This is a joke right? Xbox One version has no chance, the Souls gamer are all on Playstation plattforms.

Souls gamers can be on all platforms. There's probably people who only owns a WiiU and they're Souls gamers as well, just waiting to make the jump or don't have the money yet to do so.

The majority, indeed, are on Playstation platforms. But since the majority =/= all, that's why I'm asking this question.

Most Souls gamers are on PS4 and if not now then they will be when Bloodborne comes out.

I don't think DSII:SotFS on XOne will outsell even the original DSII on 360

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

probably, at least early on. speaking for myself i'm skipping DS2 at least for a while. it was my most wanted port last year but i just don't get what they are thinking releasing 2 weeks after bloodborne. i'm skipping ds2 at launch at least untill i'm done with bloodborne. at this time i still intend to get ds2 but who knows how i'll feel in 5 or so months.

Around the Network

No.

As far as I know, no 3rd party game has sold better on One vs PS4.

To expect a franchise with closer ties to Sony to be the first... never going to happen.

has any multiplat game sold bettter on Xone than Ps4?

I expect the opposite to happen.

If Bloodbourne ends up being well received by gamers, these gamers might look for more and give DS2 a chance. Bare in mind that DS2 didn't sell that well, it was essentially limited to a portion of DS 1 fans. On the other hand, there is little to further advertise the re-release of DS2 on Xbox one or the PC. Those E3 graphics were a lie, they ain't coming back. So combining the possible positive effect of BB and the fact that Souls games sell better on the PS, I expect DS2's sales to be crushingly in favor of the PS4. Those who have ZERO reason to buy the game are the PC owners who already have shinier graphics.

2 weeks is not that short a period.

I'm one of those gamers in wait; I didn't buy DS 2 exactly because I wanted to see if they still have what it takes to make a Souls game or if they just planned to exploit the brand strength.