By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Dark Souls 2 sell more on Xbox One?

jigokutamago said:
What about PC?

I was mostly comparing it to consoles only due to Bloodborne releasing on PS4 only.

In regards to PC, though, I'd like to know if eventually Valkyria Chronicles on PC can outsell Ps3's ver.

Around the Network

I give it a 1% chance lol. The Souls fanbase will be on PS4...plus it has a much larger userbase.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Well im a soul fan and i will ONLY buy Bloodborne... but thats mainly because i didnt enjoyed Dark Souls as much as Demons Souls, and given the fact that Dark Souls 2 is the "weakest souls game" according to the majority of fans then that doesnt give any incentives on picking up a sequel thats not so good to a game that i didnt enjoyed as much as the original Soul game.

Plus Bloodborne brings up a lot of stuff that i love, Victorian era londong, a Gothic theme and Fast paced combat, plus it also brings stuff that i am loving in concept like the fact that the weapons can transform and the lack of shields and focus on agresive gameplay... i love that!.

Not a chance bro.

I'll give you 4 reasons why:

1 - Most of the fanbase are on sony platforms for historical reasons:

Demon's souls was exclusive + old from software second party games for plastation brand(shadow tower+ king's field)

2 - Sony has a bigger install base.Bigger the install base bigger the sales potential.

3 - Playstation brand has a bigger global appeal.Souls series isn't an american oriented franchise like COD or BF or even WRPGs like Skyrim or Diablo.If that was the case,i could see Xbox one having a better attach rate or even winning at absolute numbers but that isn't the case.Souls series is a jRPG franchise with WRPG settings that appeals for a demographic who is not 'merica limited.And as i said this demographic usually buys playstation over xbox.

4 - The bloodborne factor- Even if you ignore everything i said until now still This would be a huge advantage for Playstation.you see people will buy PS4 for bloodborne and when DK2HD came out they will not buy another new console to play it.

estebxx said:
Well im a soul fan and i will ONLY buy Bloodborne... but thats mainly because i didnt enjoyed Dark Souls as much as Demons Souls, and given the fact that Dark Souls 2 is the "weakest souls game" according to the majority of fans then that doesnt give any incentives on picking up a sequel thats not so good to a game that i didnt enjoyed as much as the original Soul game

I prefer Dark Souls more than Demon's Souls, BUT

that being said, and while it is true that Dark Souls 2 is the "weakest" one, it is still, by far, better than most of the games out there. And also, if you prefer Demon's Souls, there's a good chance that you will like Dark Souls 2, given that it has more things in common with the later rather than Dark Souls. (Though it heavily uses the core mechanics of Dark Souls).

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Not a chance bro.

I'll give you 4 reasons why:

1 - Most of the fanbase are on sony platforms for historical reasons:

Demon's souls was exclusive + old from software second party games for plastation brand(shadow tower+ king's field)

2 - Sony has a bigger install base.Bigger the install base bigger the sales potential.

3 - Playstation brand has a bigger global appeal.Souls series isn't an american oriented franchise like COD or BF or even WRPGs like Skyrim or Diablo.If that was the case,i could see Xbox one having a better attach rate or even winning at absolute numbers but that isn't the case.Souls series is a jRPG franchise with WRPG settings that appeals for a demographic who is not 'merica limited.And as i said this demographic usually buys playstation over xbox.

4 - The bloodborne factor- Even if you ignore everything i said until now still This would be a huge advantage for Playstation.you see people will buy PS4 for bloodborne abd when DK2HD came out they will not buy a new console to play it.

That makes sense, but do you think Xbox One has a chance First Week at least?

It has a chance, we don't know how many will get the remastered version on both platforms, but you would assume that players who want to play Dark Souls will get a PS4 for Bloodborne.

Don't copy random editorials.

A good chunk of the fanbase come from Japan, that alone would give ps4 the advantage.

Wright said:

I prefer Dark Souls more than Demon's Souls, BUT

that being said, and while it is true that Dark Souls 2 is the "weakest" one, it is still, by far, better than most of the games out there. And also, if you prefer Demon's Souls, there's a good chance that you will like Dark Souls 2, given that it has more things in common with the later rather than Dark Souls. (Though it heavily uses the core mechanics of Dark Souls).

i know what you are talking about, i saw a playthrough of the game and i can see the similarities between DeS and DaS 2,  and the thing is i know i will still enjoy the game a lot despite it being the weakest, but there is a lot of other games i want to buy as well and since Bloodborne is already filling my "souls need", then i doubt i will buy DaS 2 in 2015, maybe after that sometime in 2016, but right now i have so much games that i want to buy that i dont know how i am going to get the money and time to play them all.

I see your argument, and here's the thing. The people that are buying bloodborne most likely already own DS2, so they wouldn't be buying it anyways. Regardless, I don't know if it's going to sell a ton anyways.