By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell us about gaming in your country

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Troll whisperer forgot 1 more thing.
You know what makes me more mad then the other things
people have no damn clue what uncharted, kingdom hearts, final fantasy, god of war, or jak and dexter are

Seriously ?

That would drive me nuts

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Sweden
I have nooo idea at all how gaming looks like here. I think PC gaming is pretty big, handheld isn't as big this time around but far from dead. PS4 is where it's at if you wanna game on home consoles, but X1 isn't doing all to bad either. I don't think Nintendo have had a relevant home console since N64 - with the obvious exception of Wii. Most console gamers are a bit older, while kids seem to prefer to game on PC and/or tablets, but I could be wrong

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Norway:

I think Norway might be the most Xbox friendly market in europe besides UK. The XBO is doing quite decently based on various anecdotes, although the PS4 is on top. Nintendo has a very small niche here (home console wise), mostly kids have Wii Us, of which there are few of (Wii U's).

PC gaming is catching on, but mostly together with a console. My explanation is that Norway is a very wealthy country, so a lot of people can afford both a console and a PC.

There are very few of the adult Nintendo fans that you can find in other parts of the world. I think the reason for that is that gaming here was, based on what I've heard, basically nonexistent before the PSOne, with the exception that the Commodore 64 was kinda popular here, and when gamimg started to catch on, Sony was dominating.

Handhelds are on a very steep decline here, before, all the kids I knew had DS's or Gameboys, now, 3DS's are nearly extinct.

Cod, GTA, Battlefield, FIFA. A little bit of Halo, a ton of Minecraft, a touch of AC.

All in all, I think Norway is very much like the UK as a gaming market.

Bulgaria:
-Sonyland.
-Piracy reigns supreme.
-Everything is more expensive.
-I have seen exactly 0 video game commercials.
-Sucks for Atari fans: 1 game every 400 km^2.
-Sucks for Nintendo fans too: I once went to the capital (pop. ~1.2M) during Christmas. My 3DS was in sleep mode, i drove/walked all around the city, and in the end i got 0 Streetpass hits.

In one of the biggest retailers:
PS games: 87% (of which 50% are PS3, 20% are PS2, 10% PS4 and the rest are PSP/Vita games)
XB games: 12% (of which 70% are XB360 games)
Nintendo games (Just dance 2015 for Wii U)

I another big retailer:
PS: 60% (60% PS3, 20% PSP/Vita, 20% PS4)
XB: 10%
Ninty: 30% (60% Wii, 20% 3/DS, 20% Wii U)

I live and was born in the Netherlands and gaming is similar to countries like the UK ans USA for as far as I know. PlayStation is the biggest here though and gaming isn't as big as in the UK & USA, I think. Most of my friends are more casual. And the general people smoke weed, visit prostitutes and drink beer. (Well, that's what most foreigners think) I do sometimes think that PC is pretty big here too, like with our eastern neighbours the Germans. Oh yeah and we luv free games or just free things, remember we're Dutch. ;)

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Around the Network

Malta:

Console gaming:

Console gaming is huge here, though unfortunately it takes quite a while for most people to become current generation owners. This generation though has seen a huge amount of people upgrading to a PS4 or Xbone as they are only €100 more expensive and during the holidays that price difference went down to €50. The Wii U is practically dead and almost all stores still sell more Wii games and consoles.

Handheld gaming:

A couple of years ago, the PSP was the god of handheld gaming. Every kid I knew had one. The DS while it had its own fair share of console sales was completely and utterly destroyed. Nowadays handheld gaming is still popular though unfortunately smartphones and Tablets have completely overtaken handheld gaming. Since the 3DS launched I have only seen 3 out in the wild and since the PSVita launched I have never seen one in the wild. This is such a shame.

PC gaming:

Pc gaming has surprisingly become really popular, mainly thanks to Steam.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

small44 said:
Kerotan said:
small44 said:
Tunisia
-no consoles market
-nobody buy games since a ps4 games could cost 200$
-the most important console is ps2 since it's cheap and have a great library of games and easy to pirate.
-sony land

Holy shit.  How do you game? 

I pirate games i have no choice

I feel you bro, a fella gamer from Morocco.

Piracy is not considered here as an illegal or unethical act, it's just how things are supposed to go since no big game chain stores. We are a Sony land too, PS2, PSP, PS3, X360 are very popular due to piracy. Nintendo consoles aren't known to the youngest generation but to the oldest. Our youth play GOW, COD, GTA and no one bats an eye. But still 8th gen (mostly PS4) is doing quite good here, a new generation of gamers have risen, we usually import consoles and games since they're too expensive and we do not have many stores, maybe two or three in my city.

Kerotan said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

IRELAND

Xbox 360 was king of the 7th gen with a late resurgence of ps3. Wiis were littered evrywhere. Most people I know own 2 consoles. Current gen Wii U is rare but though of as cool. but ps4 and xbox one dominate with a 50:50 ratio. Probably the same sales per capita as the usa for 8th gen thus far.

Ireland is nowhere near 50/50 for the ps4 and x1. The 360 and ps3 were 50/50. 360 was more dominant with kids and teenagers but the ps3 was also more popular with 20 year olds plus.  Now ps4 is utterly dominant with 20 year olds plus and less dominant for people under that.

I prefer the ps4 but in certain circles, xb1 is dominant. It's very difficult to tell. And just an FYI I am Irish and have a Wii U, so some people do have them. I wrote my first comment on the ipad so excuse my sloppiness.

I was also under 20 when the ps3 game out and all my friends went for it. My sister has a wii and xbox360 as did all the rest of my family including my 13 year old brother. He does want a Wii U now though or an xbox one. I will probably pick up a ps4 at some point, but with the kids and dual screen functionality on the U, I am very happy with it.

gaming in my country..

dudebros...dudebros everywhere

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Argentina

Game consoles are very expensive here so people pirate a lot. I don't justify it but that's how it is. People love Sony consoles and to a certain degree, Microsoft's consoles (mainly because the Xbox 360 was easy to pirate). Nintendo has a small niche over here.

Another thing that's worth to note... Nintendo consoles here come from North America (most of them) so they use 110v. Here we can't use that shit, we need 220v so we need to buy these "transformadores" (I have no idea how to say it in english!). They are not very expensive but you need one for the Wii U or the N3DS.

Overall I would say gaming isn't very big over here, the main games people look forward to are FIFA and Call of Duty. I really try to avoid piracy but in some cases I can't help it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"