By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell us about gaming in your country

*Sound Of Rain said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

My family / friends all rip on the Wii U as a whole. We all enjoy it. Actually, we kept putting off getting a Wii U hoping that someone else would get it just so we can play theirs. Everybody wanted to play Smash Bros but nobody would buy it...

in the end, we all got one so all is good  

we still rip on the U constantly but everyone ripped on the Wii too besides for me

Also, I was in school in 2010 and someone said "you're part Asian, do you play games?"

"Yes, I mainly play the Wii"

"Really? That doesn't count, what about XBox / PS"

"No, only the Wii"

"Well, Smash Bros and Animal Crossing are cool" "I play them"

it seems like everyone rips on Nintendo, even the fans

well the funny thing is is that I know 5 families with wii us somehow :P

they all love smash, zelda, kart, and mario 

(I like all of those but mh 3 u got me into liking mh so I might buy mh4 u)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Bangladesh. 90% are PC gamers and all of them pirate games except some exceptions. PS3 and Xbox 360 were popular last gen and most of them were modded.
Currently PS4 dominates console market. It costs $450 to get a PS4 here. But PS4 is only limited to rich and wealthy ones. Sometimes we get early leaked copies of many games which is expensive. On average PS4 games cost approximately $60.

Mexico, I have like 2 friends who aren't CoD/FIFA only gamers. Xbox seems to dominate here, it used to be rare to find an original Xbox on the PS2 era, the PS2 era was also a pirate's paradise, it was next to impossible to see a PS2 without a "chip" installed back in the day. Like everywhere else in the world, everyone owned a Wii, but everyone seemed to have stopped giving a shit about it around 2009-2010. Nintendo is unpopular as fuck here, and nobody takes whatever they do seriously, everything they do people mock, sometimes warrantly so (Wii U). The "Oh, U play kidz gaems and u an adult, ur a baby" mentality thing seems to be more than alive and kicking here, we call any kid who acts like that a "nino rata".

Regarding media, there's not a single entertaining content creator that speaks spanish, 99% of YouTubers n' stuff upload Minecraft, CoD, FIFA,Halo, or Battlefield on a daily basis.

Also, consoles here cost around $75-$125 more than usual here, needless to say, I want out.

I'm now filled with determination.

*Sound Of Rain said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

My family / friends all rip on the Wii U as a whole. We all enjoy it. Actually, we kept putting off getting a Wii U hoping that someone else would get it just so we can play theirs. Everybody wanted to play Smash Bros but nobody would buy it...

in the end, we all got one so all is good  

we still rip on the U constantly but everyone ripped on the Wii too besides for me

Also, I was in school in 2010 and someone said "you're part Asian, do you play games?"

"Yes, I mainly play the Wii"

"Really? That doesn't count, what about XBox / PS"

"No, only the Wii"

"Well, Smash Bros and Animal Crossing are cool" "I play them"

it seems like everyone rips on Nintendo, even the fans

Ha ha ha.

Puerto Rico

Pretty much the same as the US. People tend to buy games from the major retailers like Gamestop, Walmart and Best Buy, while mom and pop stores are extremely scarse. Both consoles are popular, with the Sony consoles having a history of being more dominant. Midnight openings are common when highly expected games are being released. Many people can afford a console. Since we share the dollar with the U.S., the console and videogame prices stay the same with them.

The Wii and the 3DS are still quite popular as an unexpensive choice for the kids.

While arcades are a thing of the past, there are still quite a few scattered around the island; a fairly popular asset to kill time while waiting for the movie to begin at the cinema.

Around the Network

Tunisia
-no consoles market
-nobody buy games since a ps4 games could cost 200$
-the most important console is ps2 since it's cheap and have a great library of games and easy to pirate.
-sony land

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
Tunisia
-no consoles market
-the most important console is ps2 since it's cheap and have a great library of games and easy to pirate.
-sony land

Holy shit.  How do you game? 

PS2 was the indisputed king and nothing has come or will ever come close to it.
Wii was a little popular for a while, but then it died. PSP was very popular too but nothing like the PS2. PS2 was everywhere.
There has been a lot of PS3 adoption lately, and many people want a PS4 (but few have it).
I can easily say this is indisputed Sonyland.

Well I'm From Puerto Rico and this is all I can say about gaming in my country:

1) When it comes to Consoles, I believe PS3 outnumbers Xbox 360, PS4 and X1 are almost tied, but I think PS4 has the upper hand, The Wii U? For us it's basically a Mario console rather than a console with many titles.

2) When it comes to handheld, It's Iphones, I only know like 3 people that own a 3DS, and I'm the only person I know in Puerto Rico that owns a PS Vita.

3) The Biggest retailers are Gamestop and Wallmart, there's no Target and Toy R Us isn't considered a big Video Game retailer over here.

4) The most played game has to be Call of duty really, most people that own consoles are casuals, just me and a couple other are true Gamers.

5) EVERYONE in Puerto Rico thinks the 3DS and the Wii U is for children, I was deciding this Holiday if I wanted a 3DS or Vita and my family said to get an Iphone instead because both handheld suck, only reason I was allowed the Vita was because it wasn't the ''kiddie' handheld.

If you wanna know anything else let me know, I'm open to questions.

Kerotan said:
small44 said:
Tunisia
-no consoles market
-sony land

Holy shit.  How do you game? 

I pirate games i have no choice

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m