By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chat Room - January

sundin13 said:
I got Far Cry 3 and TLOU for Christmas so I've been playing a decent amount of FC3 lately (haven't started TLOU yet). Overall, the gunplay is a lot of fun and the world is pretty (when its not suffering from horrible pop in and the framerate just makes everything feel weird at times) but it all feels so samey. I'm pretty much just doing the same thing over and over and over again. The campaign parts are decent enough and I actually think that the music is used to great effect (although I wish I could mess with the levels...it muddies the voices at times), but overall, I feel like its a bit unremarkable. Fun, but unremarkable...

Sorry to hear that

I haven't played it but will make a note to avoid it unless it comes to PS Now. I might try it then.

Will this be your first time playing The Last Of Us? I thought I wouldn't care for it too much but it surprised me. It's a great game!

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Carl2291 said:
Can I give you some advice?

How about making a new thread per Month similar to your one from 2014?

Instead of "Chat Room" take it back to "Gaming Chat" and just add "January Edition" or something. That way people can come to your thread and discuss the games they are playing in the Month, planning on buying, getting hyped for or whatever.

That wouldn't work. This is supposed to be a place where you can talk about older games as well as new ones. If I go by month, people wouldn't be allowed to talk about old stuff.

I can do a new thread every month if you'd like but the general concept wouldn't change any.

He meant just to talk about what you're doing that month, it doesn't need to come out in that month. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Id recommend starting a VGC IRC Chat. Talk to RavenXtra. Im sure he will show you how to set one up.

And if things go as planned, ill have something you may like soon ;)

Burning Typhoon said:

So, basically, it's the VGC forums packed inside of a thread....  Redundant?

No. I had this thread before, it serves a purpose. People can talk more in detail about things without it getting too chaotic or sales-oriented. It worked last time and in no way replaced VGC

*Sound Of Rain said:
sundin13 said:
I got Far Cry 3 and TLOU for Christmas so I've been playing a decent amount of FC3 lately (haven't started TLOU yet). Overall, the gunplay is a lot of fun and the world is pretty (when its not suffering from horrible pop in and the framerate just makes everything feel weird at times) but it all feels so samey. I'm pretty much just doing the same thing over and over and over again. The campaign parts are decent enough and I actually think that the music is used to great effect (although I wish I could mess with the levels...it muddies the voices at times), but overall, I feel like its a bit unremarkable. Fun, but unremarkable...

Sorry to hear that

I haven't played it but will make a note to avoid it unless it comes to PS Now. I might try it then.

Will this be your first time playing The Last Of Us? I thought I wouldn't care for it too much but it surprised me. It's a great game!

Its not bad...it just suffers from "open world syndrome" where there is a "huge open world with a million things to do", but 99% of those things are just the same thing over and over again. You don't really need to grind so you can just play it for the single player (Vaas is a good villain and the VA is decent and everything is acceptably interesting) and I am having fun driving jet skis off of waterfalls and whatnot. I wouldn't say stay away from it, just keep your expectations in check. 

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I prefer fantasy settings...it is just easier to make the environment feel more varied without feeling like everything doesn't make sense. Like in Red Dead Redemption, when 5 minutes away from the desert there was snow. Its like, "no, New Hampshire isn't a five minute horseride from arizona..."

As for TLOU, yeah, it will be my first time playing it. I'm fairly excited to play it but I want to wait until I actually have time and emotions available to invest into it. 

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

This seems oddly familiar to one of my threads....

Which one? 

Darwinianevolution said:
Less doubt, more talking! XD

-If Minecraft was released on the Nintendo 3DS, how many copies would it sell?
-Will Half-Life 3 be a launch game for the Steam Box?
-Will Nintendo provide Splatoon some squid-themed DLC, like Spongebob or Ika Musume?
-How many 8th gen exclusive titles will reach 10 million units?
-Will I ever save enough to buy a WiiU?

1. Lifetime I would say around 7 million.

2. O fcourse not. Valve knows how hyped up this game is so releasing it on other platforms would get them way more money then if they made it exclusive ( or atleast a timed exclusive ) for the steam box.

3. Spongebob DLC for Splatoon actually sounds really awesome.

4. I say around 4-5 games.

5. Get a job/ go out less.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Conegamer said:

He meant just to talk about what you're doing that month, it doesn't need to come out in that month. 

It's not really about that either. In the old thread, we talked about memories playing certain games and such. It wasn't even about what you were playing right now too much.

You guys are mods, if you want me to do a new one each month I can but again, nothing will change  

JoeAncelotti said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I like tits! Do you like tits? I like tits

- Mod Edit

+1

Carl

Oh here we go, this thread must be heaven for you :p

I... I guess you haven't stumbled across the NSFW Anime thread yet, have you? If so, DON'T look it up, because that's the perverts real haven.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

JayWood2010 said:
Id recommend starting a VGC IRC Chat. Talk to RavenXtra. Im sure he will show you how to set one up.

And if things go as planned, ill have something you may like soon ;)

Well, I'm already in a chat group outside of VGC with a few users. This is more for those who don't feel comfortable with joining that.

I look forward to see what you're planning then